PDA

View Full Version : American Shine Glaze and Wax Test

Pages : [1] 2

imported_memnuts
10-22-2002, 11:00 AM
"Americanshine.com Lazy Man Car Care Wax"

I was asked by Dale DeSteno of American Shine to run a trial of two of his products, Glaze and Quik Carnuaba Wax. Last weekend I started this test. In order to insure a good evaluation I Dawn washed the test areas ( hood and top) and used a paint cleaner to remove any oxidation and fine surface marring.

As the title states these are very easy products to use. The glaze was applied per directions with a dry cotton applicator and worked into the surface. This step was extremely easy. The product spread evenly and completely. Hazing took about 5 minutes and no streaking was noted. There was little to no dust formation and removal (buffing) was also effortless. The surfaces appeared smooth and glossy with a definite improvement in reduction of visible marring. The surface marring filling ability of the glaze was very good. This appeared to be a combination of some type of cleansing action ( ? solvents) and filling.

I followed the Glaze with the American Shine Quik Carnauba. This wax was applied with a moistened( per directions) cotton applicator. It too spread very well and required very little product to produce a even coat. The applicator remained relatively clean denoting lack of any abrasive or solvents. This is a good thing in terms of locking in the previously applied Glaze. I allowed it to dry for 10 minutes even though hazing was almost instantaneous. After buffing, again effortless, the surface had a good gloss,wetness and depth.

I would compare these results to what one would get with products like Mothers, and Meguiar`s Gold Class and #26. This product does live up to it title "Americanshine Lazy Man Car Care Wax". It was extremely easy to use and the results greatly excess the effort required.

I was fortunate enough to apply these products several hours prior to the rain that we have been receiving here in southern Virginia the last few days. The American Shine Wax/Glaze protection produces a very tight bead.:cool: I will follow the progress of this protection and shine over the next few weeks. Hopefully I will be able to squeeze in a wash ( H2O restrictions in Va) to evaluate resistances to mild car soaps ( Mother`s).

Thanks Dale for letting me test your product and I will update endurance ( shine, protection, dust attraction, beading, etc.).

For more insight PM Dale DeSteno and he can answer any questions about the American Shine product line. Real nice fellow and the prices are reasonable.

:wavey

Scottwax
10-22-2002, 11:11 AM
I was very pleased with the products Dale sent me also. The wax is green and smells like bubble gum! Dries clear though and wipes off as easily as S100. I also like the carpet cleaner which smells like grape juice, btw.

Bobby G
10-22-2002, 11:20 AM
I noticed you posted this same review in the new review engine under a Griot`s Garage paste wax. What does this have to do with Griot`s?

If you want me to add a new product mfg and product item, please make the recommendation via the `reviews` page. As soon as I get the sections populated I will begin filling those requests.

db

Kleanride
10-22-2002, 11:49 AM
I also like the carpet cleaner which smells like grape juice, btw.

oops! That WAS grape juice! Luckily you had purple carpeting to begin with!

:p

imported_memnuts
10-22-2002, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by DavidB

I noticed you posted this same review in the new review engine under a Griot`s Garage paste wax. What does this have to do with Griot`s?

If you want me to add a new product mfg and product item, please make the recommendation via the `reviews` page. As soon as I get the sections populated I will begin filling those requests.

db

DavidB you have mail.:wavey

qsfanzone
10-22-2002, 01:18 PM
I’ve chimed in because I want to follow this thread. I to, am a user of the American Shine Carnauba Liquid Wax and want to see the results of this test.

imported_memnuts
10-23-2002, 08:04 AM
After 3 days of off-and-on rain and AM fog/dew the American Shine Carnuaba Wax is still present and still retaining original gloss and smoothness. No water bead etching noted ( a problem I noticed with Zaino) but also the ambient temperature has only got has high as 65*. This car is exposed to the outdoors at least 16-18 hrs/day.

This product is really starting to impress me as a quick carnuaba protectant system.:wavey

laynlow
10-23-2002, 11:11 AM
I tried the wax when I removed some scratches the other day. It does go on easy and come off easy. The thing I did not like was the amount of dust created by the wax. That stuff was everywhere. I may have used a bit too much, another application will tell. I also may just be spoiled by Zaino and other polymer`s dustless properties. :confused:

Scottwax
10-23-2002, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by laynlow

I tried the wax when I removed some scratches the other day. It does go on easy and come off easy. The thing I did not like was the amount of dust created by the wax. That stuff was everywhere. I may have used a bit too much, another application will tell. I also may just be spoiled by Zaino and other polymer`s dustless properties. :confused:

Sounds like you used too much. I was able to wax 5 cars with the 2 oz sample and had no dusting problems whatsoever, and that including a black Ford Explorer I waxed in the direct sun in July. I was amazed how easily it wiped off on hot, black paint and left a very good shine.

imported_Aurora40
10-24-2002, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by Scottwax

I was able to wax 5 cars with the 2 oz sample and had no dusting problems whatsoever, and that including a black Ford Explorer I waxed in the direct sun in July.

WHO ARE YOU?? :bow

imported_memnuts
10-24-2002, 07:54 AM
ScottWax,

I agree with you. By using a moistened applicator this wax goes a long way. Very economical. I too did not notice any dusting of concern ( I used a plush cotton towel). A 1/4" dab will do a panel. and 2 -3 dabs will do the hood,top and trunk.:xyxthumbs :wavey

porterdog
10-24-2002, 08:01 AM
That is a very well-written review!:up

Scottwax
10-25-2002, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by Aurora40

WHO ARE YOU?? :bow

I am Scottwax, owner and dictator for life of Scott`s Mobile Auto Detailing! Who`d you think I was? :p

qsfanzone
10-25-2002, 08:38 PM
WHO ARE YOU??

Originally posted by Scottwax

I am Scottwax, owner and dictator for life of Scott`s Mobile Auto Detailing! Who`d you think I was? :p From the amazing things you do (and by hand no less) I would think he was asking WHO ARE YOU?? as in questioning if you are SUPERMAN or something/one like that. LOL

Scottwax
10-25-2002, 09:30 PM
Originally posted by ColaBear

WHO ARE YOU??

From the amazing things you do (and by hand no less) I would think he was asking WHO ARE YOU?? as in questioning if you are SUPERMAN or something/one like that. LOL

I was just playing along with a smart a$$ answer, hence the `dictator for life` remark!

BTW, I suppose you have also noted that a little American Shine Carnuba goes a long way...smells great, too. It a fantastic wax for use in direct sun when S100 would not work as well.