PDA

View Full Version : So the owner of Clearkote called me tonight

Pages : [1] 2 3

Scottwax
10-21-2002, 10:12 PM
He has a glaze coming out around the first of the year to compliment his Moosewax (a very good one step wax) and I get to be one of the first in line to try it! I`ll definitely review it when I get hold of it.

He is going to be out on the show car circuit in the southeast for the next 6 weeks or so and he said he would try to e-mail me a schedule so those who have heard me rave about their QD Quikshine can try it out if you happen to be near one of the shows.

I mentioned to him a couple of people had problems getting orders to go through. He says he is having problems with his webhosting service that he is still working on. He said anyone with a problem can call him at home at 281 429-2727 and he will address your concerns and make sure you get what you ordered. Probably best not to call late at night though since it is his home number (but it is the # on my 3 bottles of Quikshine).

Anyway, his main reason for calling is to follow up with me and see what I thought about his products and to see how long his Moosewax beaded on a Suburban I tried it on (he wants unbiased opinions and testing from his customers), and I told him it beaded a full three months (after which I waxed it again). I was really impressed that he sincerely wanted honest feedback-told me if I was not happy to let him know and to not worry about hurting his feelings. I have been happy with both Moosewax and Quikshine, but felt his tire dressing was a bit overpriced, but a good product. He thanked me for my time and told me he would e-mail me when the glaze was ready for release so he could send me a bottle.

I cannot tell you how impressed I was with his level of customer service and desire for feedback. :xyxthumbs

SergC
10-21-2002, 11:32 PM
Scott!

I`ve ordered a gallon of Quik Shine last saturday can`t wait to try it.

Scottwax
10-21-2002, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by serg

Scott!

I`ve ordered a gallon of Quik Shine last saturday can`t wait to try it.

Let me know what you think. It`s the slickest QD I`ve used, plus you can use it in direct sunlight with no streaking.

SergC
10-21-2002, 11:38 PM
Will do:wavey

Serg

Scottwax
10-21-2002, 11:41 PM
BTW, here is a link to a red F-250 I detailed in the blazing Texas sun using Clearkote`s Moosewax. It even did a great job on the remaining bug guts on the front bumper than were still left after washing.

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=342

The black BMW 540i I have posted in the gallery was also waxed with Moosewax, and again, I didn`t have much shade to work with, but it was in the morning so the sun wasn`t straight overhead.

shaf
10-22-2002, 01:33 AM
Sigh... I wish I could (easily) buy some Quikshine. :(

Anyway, I`m a bit confused though. If Moosewax is a cleaner wax, how is a glaze supposed to work with it? I thought you couldn`t glaze then use something like that? :confused:

NattyBumppo
10-22-2002, 07:04 AM
Originally posted by 4DSC

Sigh... I wish I could (easily) buy some Quikshine. :(

Anyway, I`m a bit confused though. If Moosewax is a cleaner wax, how is a glaze supposed to work with it? I thought you couldn`t glaze then use something like that? :confused:

Was wondering the same thing :nixweiss .

imported_Paul Mitchell
10-22-2002, 08:17 AM
I had been trying to order Quickshine and I was having problems with the website. There was a problem with the phone # also. A couple of days ago I got a call from them and they told me some of the information was recieved and I gave them the rest of my info. I ordered a gallon of the Quickshine. I chatted a bit with the lady who I think is the owners wife. She asked where I got the recommendation for the products and I said "Scottwax" on the Autopia forum. She knew who Scottwax was and she was appreciative for Scott`s positive feedback.

This seems like a family run company who really cares what people think about their products and I am impressed in the way they handled the problems with the web server.

I am looking forward to trying the QuickShine. Thanks for the heads up Scott!

Regards, Eric

imported_BretFraz
10-22-2002, 09:33 AM
IBSCOTTWAXGETSHISCOMMISSIONCHECK

:D ;) :p

gsfroelich
10-22-2002, 10:01 AM
Scott, I want to thank you for clearkotes phone number. I called Monday and I put my order for a gallon of clearkote. The lady I spoke to, said clearkote is concentrated and you need to add water. Scott is there a formula to use. I will let you know how I like it. Scott, as always your cars look great.

Thanks,

Frank

Scottwax
10-22-2002, 10:04 AM
Originally posted by bretfraz

IBSCOTTWAXGETSHISCOMMISSIONCHECK

:D ;) :p

Yeah, right. I wish. Just like half of Autopia gets $$$ from Sal Zaino! ;)

To answer the question about cleaning properties of Moosewax, it has chemical cleaners, but no abrasives. It will remove blemishes from door dings, tar, minor oxidation, but it won`t remove scratches or swirls. I guess the glaze is specifically made just to remove scratches and swirls. I haven`t tried it yet, so I don`t know how well it works. When I get a bottle and try it, I will write a thorough review.

Scottwax
10-22-2002, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by fcmauro

Scott, I want to thank you for clearkotes phone number. I called Monday and I put my order for a gallon of clearkote. The lady I spoke to, said clearkote is concentrated and you need to add water. Scott is there a formula to use. I will let you know how I like it. Scott, as always your cars look great.

Thanks,

Frank

I have never diluted Quikshine. I just use it straight from the spray bottle. Nothing on the bottle or website says to dilute it with water. You may want to see if you can get a clarification on this because Everett never mentioned that to me either.

EDIT: BTW, here is the direct link of the 540i I waxed with Moosewax so you can see how it looks on black:

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=47&papass=&sort=3

Bobby G
10-22-2002, 10:11 AM
Scottwax, you want to run that past me one more time? I`m a little slow and don`t think I quite got the humor. :nixweiss

Scottwax
10-22-2002, 10:16 AM
Originally posted by DavidB

Scottwax, you want to run that past me one more time? I`m a little slow and don`t think I quite got the humor. :nixweiss

Heh heh

http://www.o-t.us/upload/guest/funny%20error.jpg

gsfroelich
10-22-2002, 10:22 AM
Scott, I just got off the phone with clearkote and the lady said when you order a gallon then you have to mix it. I,ll let you you know how I make out.

Frank