PDA

View Full Version : swiffer mop on glass

clint
10-21-2002, 01:31 PM
I know lots have thought of this and probably tried it even-

Now so have I!

I hate so much dealing with the inside rear glass of my a8. It has an electric shade and headrests and it`s just huge and cramped when kneeling backwards argh!

So I took one of the sections out of my swiffer sweeper handle, and stuck a normal paper towel on the head instead of the swiffer refill scam cloth.

Using stoners- it works just swell. It`s still a pain, and requires several paper towels to get perfect- but i`d say it`s 1/10th the PITA that the task was. I was able to reach near the bottom of the glass into a zone I`ve never cleaned before..

The paper towels clip on perfectly- only thing is, just half the area of the towel gets faced out for business- the cure for that is use the towel some, then pull it off, flip it over and rotate 90 degrees, so the un-used areas get to do their thing..

With all the sections back in the handle, doing exterior glass on the front and rear is much easier too. The long handle lets you use both hands to put some decent pressure on the glass. Probably be a huge help when doing a big SUV.

My first time to use stoners invisible glass..

-wow-

clint
10-21-2002, 01:50 PM
Speculum!? --oh-- spatula.. :D

KenB
10-22-2002, 01:02 PM
Very creative! I`m going to try a MF on my swiffer later.

Pats300zx
10-22-2002, 01:16 PM
Spatula...never even thought of that....great idea..:up