PDA

View Full Version : Zaino process

clinch
10-21-2002, 01:16 PM
I searched and I didn`t really find what I was looking for. I`m getting ready to buy the Zaino product and I need to know which products to get. Then I need to know which products should be put on and which order they should be put on. Thanks for the information in advance.

Chris

imported_Intermezzo
10-21-2002, 01:42 PM
Products to get:

1. Z-1 or ZFX (one or the other)

2. Z-5 or Z-2 (Z-2 for light colored cars or Z-5 for dark colored cars)

3. Z-6 (quick detail spray)

4. Z-7 (shampoo)

Process is as follows:

Regular Zaino:

1. Apply Z1, no need to wipe off.

2. Apply Z2 or Z5. Wait till it dries (approx 1 hour) & then remove.

3. Wait at least 6 hours if you want to add another coat.

3. Between coats apply Z6 Gloss Enhancer (quick detailer)

For Zaino mixed with the ZFX cure accelerator:

1. No need for Z1

2. Mix Z2 or Z5 together with the catalyst in the supplied bottle. Use it right away. It`s good for 5-6 hours. Apply and let dry before buffing off.

3. No need to wait 6 hours before adding another coat. You can layer away immediately.

4. Between coats apply Z6 Gloss Enhancer (quick detailer)

Use Z-7 to wash your car on a regular basis.

Also, be sure to prep your car properly before starting the Zaino process.. (i.e. clay, compound, polish, etc.)

nwf_snake
10-21-2002, 01:45 PM
I would also recommend claying (Z-18) the vehicle first if you haven`t done so lately. It really smooths out the surface. Do this after you wash with Dawn, to remove as much surface contamination as you can before applying Zaino. Also, use Viking applicator pads, and spritz them with Z-6 before spreading either the Z-5 or Z-2 with them.

ultrajim49
10-22-2002, 03:11 AM
Originally posted by clinch

I searched and I didn`t really find what I was looking for. I`m getting ready to buy the Zaino product and I need to know which products to get. Then I need to know which products should be put on and which order they should be put on. Thanks for the information in advance.

Chris

Dear Clinch

Look what I`ve got for you:

http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14408

If you have Q`s left, feel free to ask

Happy detailing,

Christiaan

:wavey

Ira
10-22-2002, 10:54 AM
You might have a look at my instructions, http://www.lazaino.com/ApplyZaino.htm A bit longer than the instructions in message 2, but a bit more detailed also.

Ira

dbruene
10-22-2002, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by Ira

You might have a look at my instructions, http://www.lazaino.com/ApplyZaino.htm. A bit longer than the instructions in message 2, but a bit more detailed also.

Ira

Is your page password protected or recently removed? Don`t seem to be able to access it.

imported_Intermezzo
10-22-2002, 12:08 PM
You have to copy and paste it to the address line of your browser, but before you click go or enter, remove the very last period right after "htm". It should work then.

TortoiseAWD
10-22-2002, 12:38 PM
The link should work now . . .

Tort

Ira
10-22-2002, 01:21 PM
Sorry about that, I forgot about the darn period.

Ira