PDA

View Full Version : Can S100 be layered?

nosml
10-20-2002, 09:47 PM
Like the topic says, can S100 be layered?

Steve

Scottwax
10-20-2002, 09:50 PM
I`ve heard both yes and no, but in my experience, the shine is deeper and more reflective if you put on another coat after a day or two.

Mmmph
10-20-2002, 10:15 PM
Yep, what Scottwax said...:D

2x S100 is the bomb. Man, I love that stuff. So easy, so shiny.

I can do my RX 300 in 30 minutes. I had been applying one section at a time, but tried applying to more surface area before buffing, and it was no problem. I did notice a little powder in the door sills (Nothing like #26), but it only takes 30 seconds to wipe up.

l apply it now with the included foam pad and buff with 2 PakShak MF towels folded in quarters.:

•Roof/spoiler, then buff

•Hood-Buff

•Tailgate-Buff

-New towel

•Entire driver`s side-Buff

•Entire passenger side-Buff

•Quick walkaround with last clean sides of MF towel

•Stand back and smile

Man, I love that stuff.

Idrops
10-20-2002, 11:06 PM
Mmmph,

Have you tried applying with a foam pad?

BTW, how long should you leave it on before buffing? The instructions imply leaving it on longer is better, but not to let it dry completely. What do you think?

Mmmph
10-21-2002, 07:01 AM
Geez...I just read what I wrote. I apply it with the foam pad that comes with S100. I buff it with the MF towels.

Must...not...post...after...11PM.

Idrops,

Your question goes to the heart of why I`m doing larger sections. I used to apply (with foam pad) S100 to one panel at a time and removed it immediately. I even divided the hood into 2 or 3 work areas.

But now, for example, I start at the front quarter panel and apply S100 on the entire driver`s side. I return to the front quarter panel and begin buffig. The wax has dwelled for only a minute or two. I save a few minutes over the old way.