PDA

View Full Version : 2 new products used on black Benz

NattyBumppo
10-20-2002, 09:41 PM
Did a black 300 SEL Benz this weekend. The car is a very clean, garaged and pampered vehicle....you`d never know it was a 1988 model. Since it was basically just light surface dirt and dust, I decided to use the Poorboys Spray and Wipe waterless wash with a handful of MF towels. I think I finally got the hang of the Spray and Wipe. I was able to do the whole car in 15 minutes. No streaks, swirls or scratches, just a squeaky clean and DRY car ready for polishing. I used about 5-6 oz of the Spray and Wipe. The only thing I needed the hose for was the wheels.

After polishing, I finished up with Coats Cherry Wet Wax with a finishing pad and the PC. Applied wax to the entire vehicle, stopped and had lunch then buffed off the product with remarkable ease. Little to no dust, no staining of trim and a great, slick shine. The owner was very impressed and happy.

The best thing about this job was the time. For such a large sedan I was able to complete the job (inside and out) in about 2.5 hours. A very thorough detail, great results and a happy customer.

Scottwax
10-20-2002, 09:47 PM
Ha Ha! I just love those cream puffs that you can knock out quickly! Makes my day when I detail one.

I`ve heard good stuff about Cherry Wet Wax. How does the shine compare to Souveran, P21S or other high end carnubas?

Mmmph
10-20-2002, 09:59 PM
I`ve seen that Coats Cherry Wet Wax in some local detail shops. I`ve also seen another Coats product at these shops, Liquid Creme Wax.

Isn`t Cherry Wet Wax a cleaner wax?

NattyBumppo
10-20-2002, 10:40 PM
Originally posted by Scottwax

Ha Ha! I just love those cream puffs that you can knock out quickly! Makes my day when I detail one.

I`ve heard good stuff about Cherry Wet Wax. How does the shine compare to Souveran, P21S or other high end carnubas?

Can`t make a comparison to Souveran since I`ve never used it but I`d say it`s darn close to P21s. Definetly has the gloss and reflectivity but perhaps not quite the depth and warmth of P21s. Still, at 23.00/gallon it`s damn tough to beat. Easily the best liquid wax i`ve iver used.

mmmph,

To be honest, I`m not quite sure. I`ve spoken to Rick (the owner of Coats) and he tells me it is not a cleaner wax and is not abrasive. Yet, the product shipped with a small pamphlet that suggests it is a cleaner wax. The pamphlet states "....combining a special blend of durable-protective resins and special polishing powders". I know there wasn`t any black paint residue on the pad I used to apply the Cherry Wet Wax but there was plenty of black on the two polishing pads I used. To confuse matters even more, here`s part of a reply email from Rick Coats when I asked the same question.

"Cherry Wet Wax is a wax. But you might notice that small scratches might come out. Why? Just the force of the towel with the pressure you might use to apply product will remove small or light defects. Even if you used your finger on an oxidized vehicle you`ll notice that you can remove oxidation. Cherry Wet Wax is only for protection, but can take out light defects as a bonus."

So I`m not sure what to think. All I know is it worked very well and is very easy to use. Just out of curiousity, I did my truck with the Cherry Wet Wax so I could see first hand how long it lasts.

BumpersPlus2
10-21-2002, 02:56 PM
I use the Coats cherry wax on extremely well cared for paint. I think it does have some cleaners in it, try on a white vehicle and you will see what Im talking about. It is very easy on and off. Jason

Dolphin463
10-21-2002, 05:52 PM
A lot of cleaner waxes are easy to use and create a nice shine. The problem is that they have no durability and the shine is gone in 1-2 weeks. Meguiars and Mother`s are two good examples. How does this wax stack up in this department?

JAGOWNER1981
10-21-2002, 05:56 PM
This stuff is great for hiding swirls, especially when using a buffer.

NattyBumppo
10-21-2002, 07:59 PM
Originally posted by Mike

A lot of cleaner waxes are easy to use and create a nice shine. The problem is that they have no durability and the shine is gone in 1-2 weeks. Meguiars and Mother`s are two good examples. How does this wax stack up in this department?

Since this past weekend was the first time I used the Cherry Wet Wax I don`t know yet. I`ll let you know how it does.