PDA

View Full Version : The inside tip

Patrick
10-20-2002, 10:04 AM
What sequence do you find works the most favorable for you , when cleaning the inside of a car ?, and please share your favorite tip......

shaf
10-21-2002, 01:53 AM
I like to do the carpets/upholstery first because that kicks up lint/dust, then do the vinyl and leather, then do the glass last because you always get protectant on them by accident. :)

Jngrbrdman
10-21-2002, 02:09 AM
I take out the floor mats first. Then I do the dash and the console. That way all the dust and crap will just hit the carpet and I can vacuum it up later. Then I work on the stains on the floor mats and carpet. Then its time for the vacuum. It may be neccessary to wipe down the dash again after vacuuming, but not always. It depends on the color of the dash I guess. Black ones always seem to be dusty.

Like 4DSC said, I do the glass last just in case I get some protectant on them. I don`t want to go through all the effort of washing the glass and then accidently spray them with something. It kind of stinks to do it that way because my hands are all dirty from the rest of the interior work. You just have to be careful where you set your hands. Or you can put a paper towel under your hand so you don`t leave finger prints all over the place.

I do the seats last if they are leather. They should be cleaned before they are conditioned, of course. I get them with the vacuum when I do the carpets. This way you don`t have to worry about getting them all dirty with the other work you have to do inside the car. When you are done with the seats you should be done with the interior. At least that`s the way I do it. I spray some air freshenor (Ozium New Car Smell is my favorite) and close it up. By the time my customer gets into the car it smells nice and new.

jerry@robs
10-21-2002, 03:01 AM
Me, I vacuum the headliner, dash, etc... top down... then remove the mats and shake em up... shampoo them then leave it to dry... then wipe the dash, vents, vacuum the seats then down to the carpet...

After all that, I`ll dress the vinyl, buff it then do the glass last...