PDA

View Full Version : Cure time on klasse sg for s100 topper

santidog
10-17-2002, 10:55 PM
Hi,

I almost have all the toys, er products :) that I need to properly treat my car and get it into the condition that I want. I know that everyone says that you should allow each layer of SG to cure for 24 hours, but what about if you are just gonna lay S100 on top of that? Due to time constraints, ie going home for the weekend and having access to a garage, I`ll probably be able to do one layer, wait 24 hours, another, and then maybe 12 hours later apply S100. Is that enough cure time for the last layer of SG if I`m not going to layer SG anymore? Also, does anyone know if there is a cure time for S100?

Thanks for any help.

shaf
10-17-2002, 11:20 PM
Personally, I would leave the last SG layer for the 24 hours. The reason why people came up with these funny rules about 24 hrs and "don`t get it wet", is to expose Klasse to air, which (has been argued to be) the catalyst that cures the SG. So waxing over it wouldn`t let air get to it.

Whether S100 has a cure time or not (or is even layerable) is debatable, but a few members have commented on how the shine gets better after a couple days, so that may be its "cure time".

HTH

santidog
10-17-2002, 11:36 PM
Ah, that makes sense. I wish I had access to a garage on a more permanent basis instead of when I go home. Trying to plan out a full car detail on a weekend with cure time in under 40 hours isn`t cool :D