PDA

View Full Version : S.i.g

Pages : [1] 2

Mindflux
10-17-2002, 10:27 PM
So I was sort of detailing my interior the other day when I got out the S.I.G and sprayed half my window down.. wiped it down good, resprayed it and wiped it down again.

Did the same to the other side.. etc etc etc yada yada.

I thought it looked good.. till I hit the right sunlight the next morning.. streaks and splotches everywhere. Even after I wiped the thing down really well with an MF towel from Pakshak.

So I go in and read the label on SiG and I swear it goes YOU = TEH SUCK.

This product sucks.. seriously. I thought it was good, but I think that was the fumes talking.

Now I`ve got streaks on the glass that S.I.G wont even take off.. sigh.

S.I.G = TEH SUCK!

Steve @ Guru
10-17-2002, 11:07 PM
Agreed. I`ve never been really impressed with the Stoners IG...seems a bit over-rated if you ask me.

:nixweiss:

shaf
10-17-2002, 11:39 PM
LOL, I read this thread earlier and it took me a while to think of what SIG stood for - as a Counter-Strike player, all I could think of was this scoped automatic rifle! :p

Stoner`s

Invisible

Glass

:p

imported_Intermezzo
10-17-2002, 11:40 PM
Getting all the streaks out when using SiG takes more work than I care for. I know a lot of ppl here use it so I may not be doing something right....but I find TW`s ClearVue much easier to work with. Absolutely no smears whatsoever.

Mindflux
10-17-2002, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by 4DSC

LOL, I read this thread earlier and it took me a while to think of what SIG stood for - as a Counter-Strike player, all I could think of was this scoped automatic rifle! :p

Stoner`s

Invisible

Glass

:p

Which would be S.A.R ;) not S.I.G :D

shaf
10-18-2002, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by Mindflux

Which would be S.A.R ;) not S.I.G :D No, no - this SIG: :p

http://www.counter-strike.net/images/weapons/sg552_a.jpg

SIG SG552 Commando

Waaaay Off-Topic! :D

imported_wyatt072
10-18-2002, 08:44 AM
I use SIG with no problems. Simply spray it on the glass, then wipe it off with cumpled up newspaper. No haze, no streaking, just invisible glass!

Mindflux
10-18-2002, 10:39 AM
Originally posted by VIN

I use SIG with no problems. Simply spray it on the glass, then wipe it off with cumpled up newspaper. No haze, no streaking, just invisible glass!

I don`t believe you. :(

imported_wyatt072
10-18-2002, 10:57 AM
Thats too bad, because it works. Oh well, everyone has there own technique I guess. :nixweiss

imported_Dude
10-18-2002, 11:39 AM
It`s not a bad product- certainly much better than Windex- but Eagle One 20/20 is SO much better. I never believed that this could be so- Eagle One is so much cheaper, and it even looks like a cut-rate, imitation glass cleaner- but Eagle One really is better. Eagle One and an MF towel is an unbeatable combination!

imported_wyatt072
10-18-2002, 11:42 AM
I will have to try EO / microfiber, especially if it is cheaper! :bounce

imported_Intermezzo
10-18-2002, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by Dude

It`s not a bad product- certainly much better than Windex- but Eagle One 20/20 is SO much better. I never believed that this could be so- Eagle One is so much cheaper, and it even looks like a cut-rate, imitation glass cleaner- but Eagle One really is better. Eagle One and an MF towel is an unbeatable combination!

I felt the same way after using ClearVue & a MF towel. I think ClearVue is very similar to E1 because they "felt" indistinguishable when using and a CV treated window also repels water really well...just like E1. Also, it helps to use a MF towel with `unsplit` fibers which lint a lot less than the other high-quality MF towels which we all love so much for buffing & QDing.

imported_Tony
10-18-2002, 12:34 PM
Pak says to use the back side or the less plush side of his mf to do windows. Thats what I do. The newspaper trick has been around for many years and has been successful for many. I have never used Stoners so the tips are for cleaning windows in general. On windows that are clean and have finger prints etc.,I use the Meguiars purple bottle of QD because of the fine mist it sprays and the back side of a Pak mf. On windows that need more cleaning than a QD/mf I use 50/50 water and vinegar.

good luck

imported_Aurora40
10-18-2002, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by 4DSC

No, no - this SIG: :p

http://www.counter-strike.net/images/weapons/sg552_a.jpg

SIG SG552 Commando

Waaaay Off-Topic! :D

Here`s an actual picture instead of that illustration:

http://www.sigarms.com/apps/cmt/img/pic_tactical_sg_552.gif

Mindflux might not have been as dissapointed if he`d sprayed down half his window with one of those...

SIG actually stands for Schweizerische Industrie-Gesellschaft (Swiss Industrial Company). The US company is SIGARMS, which started in 1985 right down the street from me in Tysons Corner, Virginia (they`re in New Hampshire now). Pretty neat, ehh?

Redcar GUY
10-18-2002, 01:43 PM
I Like my SIG? It works good for me?