PDA

View Full Version : CMA Terry Bonnets?

Bookus11
10-17-2002, 10:10 PM
:wavey What`s up dudes? This is my first post but I`ve been lurking for about 6 months. This is a great forum, lots of nice people here, no bickering & no berating. Definitely cool! I`ve been totally hooked ever since I found this place.

My question is, Has anybody actually had good results using the white terry bonnets from CMA for final wax removal/buff. I want to take #26 off & be done. I`ve searched & general consensus says don`t let these touch your paint. After paying $60 for the kit I don`t want to spend $15 more for the microfiber bonnets. Anybody have good luck with these?

Bookus11
10-18-2002, 01:36 PM
Anybody? :nixweiss

shaf
10-18-2002, 02:45 PM
As the self-appointed unofficial welcoming comitee to Autopia (:p) I`d just like to say welcome. :wavey

For anyone else wondering about the CMA pad kit, several people have successfully asked them to substitute the MF bonnets instead of the terry ones at no cost I believe. :)

johnson
10-18-2002, 08:45 PM
I just ordered the kit 2 weeks ago and have no use for it. Can you think of any?

Sharkie
10-18-2002, 09:49 PM
They seem kind of harsh to me, I wouldn’t trust ‘em on my paint. Tempted to get the MF from Griot’s- http://www.griotsgarage.com/catalog.jsp?&SKU=11536 anyone tried these? Nothing wrong with buffing out by hand, you’ll need some quality toweling anyways.

Adam