PDA

View Full Version : Compatability of OLD BF/ Eagle One WET

PeterY
10-17-2002, 03:55 PM
Hi, i have both these products and i want to know if they are comptable. EO WEt gives me the durability that BF lacks and i want to finish my supply of BF before i try the NEW forumala. Lately i have stopped butting BF polish and paint prx on my car in favor for EO as it last MUCH longer. Would using BF polish with a few layers then adding the paint prx, then EO on top of that work? I know BF is a polymer, what about EO Wet. or would BF polish then EO wax be fine. I love the depth of bf, but hate it`s durability. EO amazed me how much later kept sheeting off after one wax. Thanks

imported_BretFraz
10-17-2002, 04:58 PM
I`m struggling a bit to understand what it is you want. Wet has mild cleaners in it and will remove prior coats so it cannot be layered. The same is true for BF for the most part. So topping one with the other (take your pick) is a bit pointless. The only major diffs will be appearance.

If you like the Wet I stay stick with it. IMO, its a nice one-step product. It doesn`t stand out in any one respect but does most everything well for what it is.

Or just order the "new" BF and skip all this stuff. Something tells me that the new formulation will give BF users everything they want.

PeterY
10-17-2002, 05:54 PM
So your saying that layering EO over itself won`t have any positive effects? Cause with BF i was told to first layer alot of polish on like 3-4 coats, then just keep using the paint prx over that sicne it is the polish which removes the previous wax, no the paint prx. Is EO more like the polish or wax. Would using BF polish and replacin ghte BF Paint PRx with EO work or would EO just remove all the BF polish i applied. Hope this is more clear. Thanks

imported_BretFraz
10-17-2002, 10:55 PM
Correct, EO Wet Polish is a synthetic one-step product, meaning it has a mild cleaning agent in it that polishes the paint while leaving a protective synthetic coat. It`s a fine product for people who do not want to engage in multiple steps and products and want a product they can buy in a local store.

Because of its cleaning ability EO Wet cannot be layered. Applying two or more coats will only even out the product applied to the paint, not add protection. So it`s pointless to apply more than two coats of EO.

I don`t think there is a lot of value of mixing EO and BF. I`d suggest you stick with one or the other. BF should be more durable than EO and provide a better shine. If you need to polish your paint because it is slightly dull or shows light scratches, swirl marks, or stains, then it`s best to use a specific paint polishing product then follow it up with a protectant like BF. If you do not want to get all that involved with polishing and waxing your car, stick with the EO.

If you absolutely want to use the two products, use the EO first to get your paint looking good then top it with BF for better protection and shine.

Hope this helps you.