PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else used Meguiars Quick Detailer ?

Pages : [1] 2

bbquer
10-17-2002, 02:37 PM
I`ve just bought a gallon of this stuff..

Anyone else has experience with this..

first impressions... Smells weird(i`m used to pinnacle and EF)

feels greasy and oily..

cleans fairly well but harder to buff off..

http://www.sfu.ca/~iteo/DSCN0943.JPG

bbquer
10-17-2002, 02:47 PM
oh.. just realized that this product is used in teh surface prep stage in the meguiars website.

I don`t know if i can use this for daily quick detailer, may clean out the wax i have on.. not sure..

but this should be good for claying the car or squirting it in b/w machine buffing ..

ahh.. i already used it on the car just now.. maybe i have to rewax the car.

dr427
10-17-2002, 02:48 PM
I`ve used it off and on for the last year or so. Usually when I run out of something I order (such as Griots Speed Shine). You can use it between waxes and for claying. Not a bad product though.:)

bbquer
10-17-2002, 02:49 PM
have you used it for everyday detailing for for polishing ?

dr427
10-17-2002, 02:50 PM
Oh yeah. Bird bomb removal, hit the puddle and splashed the fender, etc... Works fine.;)

CharlesW
10-17-2002, 04:24 PM
What you thought you were buying is Quik Detailer Mist & Wipe.

Unless you are familiar with Meguiar`s line, the C that is not in Quik is the only way to know by the name.

Quick Detailer #66, is from Meguiar`s Pro line and is a cleaner/wax for detail shops. It is not for claying, bird bomb removal, everyday detailing. It is a wax!

Quik Detailer Mist & Wipe will be in the Maroon bottle. It is for claying, bird bomb removal, everyday detailing.

If you want a Mequiar`s product for everyday use, look for #34, Final Inspection. Another Pro line product in a tan bottle or container.

Charles

dr427
10-17-2002, 04:31 PM
Originally posted by CharlesW

Quik Detailer Mist & Wipe will be in the Maroon bottle. It is for claying, bird bomb removal, everyday detailing.

Charles

Thanks for pointing that out. Mine is the Consumer Maroon Bottled Quik Detailer Mist & Wipe.

Sorry Irvin, I have not used #66 before.

johnson
10-17-2002, 04:31 PM
Wow, good thing you caught that. Good for future reference. Thanks Charles.

CharlesW
10-17-2002, 05:13 PM
Originally posted by FNG

Wow, good thing you caught that. Good for future reference. Thanks Charles.

Wish I could take all the credit, but the information was posted on the forum sometime back. I just passed it on.

Charles:wavey

bbquer
10-17-2002, 06:28 PM
Man..

then what on earth can i use this product for? Did i just waste money on this thing ?

shaf
10-17-2002, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by Irvin

Man..

then what on earth can i use this product for? Did i just waste money on this thing ? Well, kinda... yes. You could use it as a polish instead of some equally agressive product, but from what I remember this is kinda harsh stuff. And what the heck are you going to do with a gallon?? Try to return it if you can.... or see if some body shop or detailing business will take it off your hands for cheap.

BTW, didn`t you read the label? :confused: It even says "High Production Cleaner Wax" on the front. This stuff is meant to quickly cut down defects and polish it up in one go - hence it`s aggressiveness.

Meguiar`s also has another QD product besides #34 that I can`t recall at the moment, I think it`s part of their Detailer line.

EDIT: I just went to Meg`s site and it`s on this page under surface prep of all things!:

http://www.meguiars.com/product_showroom/showproducts_template.cfm?SrcLine=PP&SrcCat=2

*One-step cleaner/wax, specially formulated for high-production reconditioning.

* Aggressive cutting action.

* Quickly and safely removes oxidation and blemishes.

* Restores deep gloss and provides a durable wax finish I`d ignore the last bullet of course (all waxes say "durable" :rolleyes: ) but beware the note "aggressive"!

Sorry, I know this is bad news. :(

bbquer
10-17-2002, 07:20 PM
hey.. maybe i can use it as a quick detailer for my wheels.. hahah

CharlesW
10-17-2002, 07:22 PM
Originally posted by 4DSC

Meguiar`s also has another QD product besides #34 that I can`t recall at the moment, I think it`s part of their Detailer line.

You are probably thinking of "Final Detail" quick spray shine enhancer. Never used it, so I have no idea how it compares to FI.

Charles

CharlesW
10-17-2002, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Irvin

hey.. maybe i can use it as a quick detailer for my wheels.. hahah

Keep in mind it is a wax, not a quick detailer as we usually think of them. Like 4DSC suggested, try to get someone to take it off your hands. It probably isn`t something you want to use and even if it was, a gallon would last an awful long time.

Charles

shaf
10-17-2002, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by CharlesW

You are probably thinking of "Final Detail" quick spray shine enhancer. Never used it, so I have no idea how it compares to FI.

Charles Yes! That`s the name. Don`t know anything about it either - I think some people like it and others don`t.

Meguiar`s REALLY should`ve named #66 anything but "Quick Detailer"! :down The first time I saw it I thought, "Uh oh... someone`s going to get that mixed up." Darn typical Meguiar`s idosyncrasies! :mad: