PDA

View Full Version : Please help..SF Bay Area Detailers

MrDimple
10-16-2002, 04:42 PM
Please help SF Bay Area Autopians...is there any shop (besides the normal Kragen`s & PepBoys crap) that carries good detailing supplies? Looking for stuff like P21S, quality Microfiber, etc. It amazes me that an area like the SF Bay doesn`t seem to have a decent shop to buy supplies...or maybe I`m not looking hard enough??

BTW - I would prefer South Bay shops as I`m in Sunnyvale, but "beggers can`t be chosers," so I will take what I can get.

Sharkie
10-16-2002, 05:10 PM
Just bite the bullet and order the stuff you want online if you can. Motorcycle shops may carry s100 (p21s). BMW on Stevens Creek has some goodies (Klasse, 303). WestMarine has 303 (good price too), 3M polishes and some Meguiar’s. NAPA auto parts has a decent selection of stuff. Haven’t found any good MF locally. Linens and Things had some but I think they were Nicsand. JTintl, PakShak, YoSteve and Neatitems are all Autopian approved. I’ve looked from the North Bay to the Silicon Valley and only find things here and there.

Adam

admac
10-16-2002, 05:19 PM
i agree. i buy most of my stuff online. just do it at the beginning of the week and you`ll probably have it by the weekend. pakshak/neatitems towels. cma. bmw dealers do carry klasse twins. other than that, there some stuff at target but only meguiars and some eagle one stuff.

drdetail
10-17-2002, 01:48 AM
Ypou can get a ton of meguire stuff, klasse, and stoners products at new dimensions, the vw/audi shop in santa clara. As for other things like microfibre, internet is your best bet.

MrDimple
10-17-2002, 11:17 AM
Yeah, I knew about ND (was a VW fanatic at one time)...waiting for the RS32 to come to the States (if they ever do), cause I want one real bad.

Thanks for the input everyone...i went with a Yosteve order yesterday. Properautocare.com order going on today.