PDA

View Full Version : Is it clean enough to wax?

Rowani
10-16-2002, 03:29 PM
In between washes, I`ve been using David`s "Quick Detailing" method (wipe down with wet MF towel followed by Qd/buffing). It works great and is especially handy since PA is in a drought and washing is off limits. I`ve been tempted to put a coat of wax on after such a treatment but have thus far resisted. Is the car clean enough or do you guys only wax after a full wash? Thanks.

caddyman
10-16-2002, 03:48 PM
You could, but I would bet that the results wotn be too great, but most likely I think you would be off just fine.:D

shaf
10-16-2002, 06:00 PM
Personally, if the car hasn`t been wetted, dewed, or rained on, and all there is sitting on the finish is dust, I don`t have a problem with applying wax after a QD session. You do have to be very careful and thorough so you don`t miss any dirt though...

DBC
10-16-2002, 06:15 PM
or you can jus simply use a 1 step cleaner/wax product like pinnacle`s creme glaz or any other product similar.

shaf
10-16-2002, 06:50 PM
Is it me, or are some of us here confusing "cleaning abrasive dirt" with getting it "chemically clean"? I thought he was just asking if the surface was dirt-free enough to wax the car after QDing. I don`t think "paint cleaners" are the same thing as washing/QDing dirt off a car....:confused: :nixweiss

Jngrbrdman
10-16-2002, 07:04 PM
I think that clean is clean. If you use a QD and a wet MF then you have probably removed as much dirt as you would have doing a wash. Its a longer method and costs more, but strange circumstances require strange solutions. What else can you do in a draught? You should be fine to wax. :xyxthumbs

Rowani
10-17-2002, 04:57 AM
Thanks for all of the advise.

DBC
10-17-2002, 06:05 AM
hey hungrbrdman i noticed u have a gsr,well i have an ls 94 model and was wondering how the hell do u restore the plastic molding thats by the cowling of the windshield?when i first got my car i never knew u had to take care of that part of the car also:p well anyway its blackish gray in color now so my question to u is how do u restore something like that?last thing i wanna do is to use the black again kit.any recommendations?thanks in advance!

and to dsc sorry my bad bro i should have mentioned that i would have washed the car at least to make sure that all dirt was washed off...:wavey