PDA

View Full Version : type of wax

baker
10-16-2002, 02:01 PM
Dear Experts:

I just got a new car, 2002 maxima, in sunlit sand. A pale gold. I used to get a great shine with carnuba wax on my deep green Grand Prix. Should I still use a carnuba on this , or is there something better for a light colored car? Thanks for any answers I get. P.S. Time is not an issue, my other car got wax on a bi-weekly basis.

shaf
10-16-2002, 02:21 PM
Welcome! :) Carnauba will work just fine. There are lots of people that almost equally like synthetic waxes (the "other" wax) on both light and dark vehicles. The reasons for choosing between them are only personal preferences and priorities, as synthetics and carnauba waxes have some different attributes.

Was there something you wanted to improve on? Or are you mainly concerned about looks (seeing how you wax every 2 weeks)?

58fury
10-16-2002, 02:25 PM
from all my wax experiences ive found the one i love S100! trust me this stuff is amazing to say the least. Its the same as P21S, just call your local Harley Davidson dealer and ask if they have any in stock, ive heard you can also just try any bike dealer? i purchased mine from the HD dealer for about $30 cnd tax in. its a 175g jar blue top with white jar (paste wax). its well worth the money IMHO. very easy application and no waiting for it to "haze"

just apply and buff, comes off with one or two wipes. Superior shine and protection. I also use Meg products always have, but ill be using S100 from now on, i also use meg #20 poly sealant for the winter, very good product, i top it with S100. You may also want to buy a clay product i use 3M cleaner clay, and clay about once a year, anyways thats my 2 cents worth, good luck :up

johnson
10-16-2002, 03:25 PM
You could use Meguiars #26 Hi-Tech Yellow Wax and use S100 as a topper. I use this combo and like it a lot.

max_man_94_01
10-16-2002, 03:30 PM
I have the same car and same color. I have tried Megs Gold Class, #26, Finish First, Blitz, S100 and currently Blackfire. All of them looks good provided good prep work is done. Its all a matter of personal preference. I don`t really care about durability at this time cause I get to wax it every week or two at the most. S100 looks great. Great shine and great reflection. So nice to look at on a sunny day. The gold color just sparkles. Megs #7 and Blitz looked great together. Wet and darkened the color a bit. Currently have three coats of blackfire on it right now. It has a nice shine and reflection on it. But not as much as the S100. I am planning on putting a couple more and topping it with S100. I ordered blackfire right before I read of talks about a new formulation. I am not sure if what I have is the new formulation. Does anyone know if it says that on the packaging?? I guess my point is, it is a matter of personal preference. Maybe after a few weeks, I might go back to gold class or #26. Who knows......Carnuba or synthetic does not matter.....It is the end result that matters and how you like working with a particular product. Good luck.....

AMP01
10-16-2002, 03:30 PM
You may want to try a synthetic wax like Klasse All In One or Blackfire for a base coat and then layer on the P21S/S100 wax as a topper. I have the Klasse AIO topped with the P21S on my car and I love it. Check it out-

http://images.cardomain.com/installs/230000-230999/230268_13_full.jpg

Cheers,

My 740iL Site (http://www.cardomain.com/id/amp99)

ashsarna
10-16-2002, 03:47 PM
Great picture!! I too have tried both carnauba and synthetic (actually I experiment every 3 to 4mths). Personnaly I love to also use AIO as the base (this way you can apply practically any topping be it carnauba or synthetic). I apply several layers of SG then top with S100 (you can layer every two or as you desire).

Note: I also love Pinnacle sovergn (drawback it will cost $$$) - you can try "trade secret" instead (from top of the line) they are made by the same guys and fantastic on a dark car. :)

big daddy
10-16-2002, 04:36 PM
heh, nice pic AMP99.. at first I thought there was a big bird bomb on the hood.. i needed a second glance to realize it was a tree. :D