PDA

View Full Version : Flippin` glazes....silver car...argh!!

Sirslap2
10-15-2002, 09:06 PM
Coming home today I noticed a few dull patches on my car.

Upon closer inspection I realized that the #7 did not buff off fully!

I hated this aspect of 3M IHG and now here it is again!!

I realize it is totally my fault but it drives me nuts.

It only shows up under certain light at certain angles so it is always tough to tell if I have removed it fully-especially on silver.

I am considering not using glazes at all!

Sorry - just venting

Out comes the PC again next weekend for fix ups.:rolleyes:

2wheelsx2
10-15-2002, 09:14 PM
I know exactly what you mean. I missed a spot on the hood of a Acura EL on Sunday night because it got dark and the lighting isn`t that great on all sides of my garage. I normally take it out into the sun for a final inspection, but being that I finished at 9, that option was out.

I gotta get some of those 500 W Halogens at Costco.....

Sirslap2
10-15-2002, 09:18 PM
I whipped out the halogen I have but it didn`t help.

Shows up under natural or incandescent - I wish I had some flourescents in the garage but I don`t.

The halogen was toooo bright:cool:

It remobilizes with SMR but then I have to wax again.

58fury
10-15-2002, 09:20 PM
also know what you mean, i applied 3M IHG prior to a car show this past summer, mind you the shine was great! but i was buffing by hand, which seemed to take forever!!! i couldnt believe the spots i missed upon further inspection after the show, not sure if ill ever use it again? plus all that freakn work for something that really has little or no protection. im an S100 fanatic:bow of late

vroddad
10-16-2002, 03:51 AM
Get yourself some 1000W halogens (I`ve even seem them adjustable from 250W combined to 1500W combined). YOU WILL THANK YOURSELF EVERYDAY.