PDA

View Full Version : Anything Missing?

dbboston
10-15-2002, 03:27 PM
I just bought a new car and want to protect the interior/exterior really well from the start. Dark blue metallic exterior and tan leather interior.

Here is what I`ve bought so far along with the usual microfiber cloths, brushes, etc.

Eagle One A2Z All Wheel Cleaner

Pinnacle Bodywork Shampoo

Pinnacle PolyClay Kit

Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion

Blackfire All Finish Paint Protection

Pinnacle Souvran Wax

Pinnacle Crystal Mist

Pinnacle Leather & Vinyl Cleaner

Pinnacle Leather Conditioner

Pinnacle Vinyl & Rubber Protectant

Does anyone have suggestions for anything I`m missing? I am trying to step up from the Mother`s 3 step process products (cleaner, glaze, wax). I really appreciate - you all know a LOT more than me.

johnson
10-15-2002, 06:49 PM
What he said ^^^ plus glass and carpet.

shaf
10-15-2002, 07:18 PM
Originally posted by dbbm

I am trying to step up from the Mother`s 3 step process products (cleaner, glaze, wax).... Yeah... I`d say you succeeded in that! :D

Another thing I`d heartily recommend is a California Car Duster. It makes QD sessions quicker, safer, and if you`re in a huge rush you can usually just dust it and run. A "must have" for darker cars, IMO. :xyxthumbs

Like ejant, I recommend the Autopia eBook for a nice read. Great products are a good start, but it`s technique that makes the difference. Welcome! :)

Taxlady
10-15-2002, 07:28 PM
Just making sure, those brushes are for non-painted parts of the car, eh?

dbboston
10-16-2002, 10:40 AM
Thanks a lot everyone. You`re right about the research being so important. I only recently stepped up from the one step cleaner/waxes and Windex (because of what I`d read) and didn`t know benefits/disadvantages of polymers vs. carnuba and had never even heard of microfiber. I`m anxious to try the higher end products and see the durability/deep look effects of Souvern over the Blackfire. I`m also hoping the Pinnacle leather and vinyl conditioners aren`t too plasticky. I`ll let you know how it goes when the stuff arrives.

imported_memnuts
10-16-2002, 10:57 AM
Excellent selection of products:up

Required reading: Proper Washing Technique. Do a "search". This is very important. You can do more damage with improper washing and drying technique in one session than years of environmental wear and tear. This washing mastery is extremely important for unforgiving darker colored cars/trucks.

:wavey

imported_BretFraz
10-16-2002, 11:15 PM
Good stuff.

That Pinnacle rubber & vinyl protectant is a terrific tire dressing. Some Eagle One Tire Cleaner will complete that kit.

Be sure to post some pics when you are done.