PDA

View Full Version : What can you put on top of Zaino to make the shine brighter...

Pages : [1] 2

TheOzzfather
10-15-2002, 12:41 PM
I have 3 coats and although it looks good I have seen pics with S100 that look much better. What else can I put on it to give it a higher shine?

VetteToVair
10-15-2002, 01:22 PM
why not try the s100?

xyzzy
10-15-2002, 01:36 PM
Keep in mind that a wax can`t necessarily work miracles. The answer to more shine could be in surface prep and/or polishing.

drewski59
10-15-2002, 04:35 PM
Why don`t you just keep layering the Zaino??:nixweiss

I find the optimal shine at about 12 coats, with Z2 on top.:xyxthumbs

:wavey

C. Charles Hahn
10-15-2002, 05:08 PM
its not a matter of what you put on top of zaino..... its a matter of what you put zaino on top of.

better surface prep is the key. its just that simple. read up on surface prep using the search, and you`ll see why I say this.

picasso couldnt have painted the mona lisa on a slab of concrete, and zaino cant shine when applied to sandpaper. :wavey

TheOzzfather
10-15-2002, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Shiny Lil Detlr

its not a matter of what you put on top of zaino..... its a matter of what you put zaino on top of.

better surface prep is the key. its just that simple. read up on surface prep using the search, and you`ll see why I say this.

picasso couldnt have painted the mona lisa on a slab of concrete, and zaino cant shine when applied to sandpaper. :wavey

My surface was perfect. It was brand new less than 3 months old washed and clayed. NO oxidation and one small scratch. You could not ask for better;)

BradE
10-15-2002, 07:43 PM
My surface was perfect.

The first lesson in car care, there is no such thing as a "perfect" surface. There is always something that can be better.

SergC
10-15-2002, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by 03MaximaSE_TE

My surface was perfect. It was brand new less than 3 months old washed and clayed. NO oxidation and one small scratch. You could not ask for better;)

Turtle wax usually adds the shine to the perfect surface

imported_Intel486
10-15-2002, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by 03MaximaSE_TE

My surface was perfect... one small scratch.

Contradicting yourself within a few sentences? :p

Surface prep is everything like the above posters said. I have pictures of amazing reflections in vehicles w/ no wax. I don`t know if I posted the thread here. Search for a thread by me saying Prep work is everything or something like that.

Give S100 a try and see if it is what you are looking for. I know S100 over three coats of Klasse SG made a big difference on my truck.

C. Charles Hahn
10-16-2002, 10:27 AM
yup - if you gave me a bunch of prepwork products and only turtle wax to top it, I could still make it shine better than a car wearing souveran or S100 and having minimal/no prep work done. :up

houston_maserati_guy
11-16-2002, 02:05 PM
I`ve read with interest the suggestion of putting S100 wax, for example, on top of zaino. When you do that, what next week, etc? Do you continue to use wax products, as another layer of z2 or z5 won`t stick on top of wax?

Kleanride
11-16-2002, 02:14 PM
03MaximaSE_TE

Next nice day in dodge (I heard 60s next week!?! WACK!), we should get together and see what we can do about makin` `er shine! I want to see what 12 layers looks like that drewski59 is talking about!!!

:bow

drewski59
11-16-2002, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by Dale DeSteno

03MaximaSE_TE I want to see what 12 layers looks like that drewski59 is talking about!!!

:bow

It looks absolutely GORGEOUS on my taupe metallic.:cool:

But again, it only looks that way because of all the tedious surface prep I did. I got my paint as near to flawless as possible before starting with the Z.:xyxthumbs

:wavey

Detailing NY
11-16-2002, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by serg

Turtle wax usually adds the shine to the perfect surface

Don`t think so.

S100 would do a much better job. I have just used it myself the other day and was completly amazed with it.

C. Charles Hahn
11-16-2002, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by dickpribyl

I`ve read with interest the suggestion of putting S100 wax, for example, on top of zaino. When you do that, what next week, etc? Do you continue to use wax products, as another layer of z2 or z5 won`t stick on top of wax?

actually you can continue to layer Z2 or Z5, all you have to do is a dawn wash to get the carnaubas off of the zaino layers. (dawn does not strip any zaino off.), then just re-add your carnauba topper. :xyxthumbs