PDA

View Full Version : hi people, new here.. Q`s

Maxima91
10-15-2002, 12:29 AM
hi, i was told about this site and that it has an abundunce of info, so i registered.. i know there prob is a search but i just want somebody to tell me if you have a thread or writup about basic car cleaning and detailing. i love to wash and detail my maxima and i just want to get some tips or even see what im doing right or not.. so if u have a thread or writeup, if sombody could give the link or whatever, that would be great, thanks a lot

shaf
10-15-2002, 12:53 AM
Hi fellow Maxima (and 3rd Gen) owner! :)

May I recommend the Autopia eBook to you? Free trial of the first 8 chapters, then more info if you`d like to support this terrific forum. Griot`s Garage also has an article on PDF, but take some of his suggestions with a grain of salt (he runs a business after all). You may also find some articles at the websites of Meguiar`s, Mothers, and Eagle One.

If that`s a bit heavy for you, I`ve written up two versions of a basic detailing guide for the layman interested in caring better for his car and doing it right. One is quick and simple, the other longer but thorough. It only covers washing and waxing though, and only glosses over problem fixing. It`s located at my (ghetto :p) website linked in the buttons below. Some of the wax recommendations may be inaccurate, so keep that in mind and search/ask around here before deciding what to use. (I`ll have to update that issue some day...)

HTH :wavey

Maxima91
10-15-2002, 12:57 AM
hey, thanks for the info, ill check into it, man would u know it, we both have the same color max, small world, you can see mine at

http://members.cardomain.com/maxima991 thanks again