PDA

View Full Version : Customer Expectations

Pages : [1] 2

BuffinStuf
07-22-2004, 11:06 PM
Do you find that you are more picky and critical about the turn out off the customers vehicle then they are?

BuffinStuf
07-22-2004, 11:09 PM
I just find that when I do a vehicle for any of my customers that I am not always as happy with the turnout of i wished I was, and the customers are always happy as clams so far. Maybe we just have a curse and are more picky then normal people.

TheSopranos16
07-23-2004, 01:10 AM
That is definately the case. The nature of our customers and what we do dictates that we must be more picky. If the customers were as concerned about their car as we are, they wouldn`t have let it turn to sh*t for years before getting something done about it! Because we enjoy and take pride in detailing, that means that we are certainly meticulus people who pay attention to the small stuff. Sometimes, a customer will care so little about the way their car came that I wonder why they got it detailed in the first place. Its annoying sometimes because you just spend 6 hours on their car, they should at least look at it! :beat I never understood this because many of these people live in mansions that are immaculate inside! They would never neglect their house or allow it to become dirty, so why do they do this with their cars? :dunno

mirrorfinishman
07-23-2004, 06:08 AM
When it comes to satisfying the needs of your detailing customers, it is always a good idea to `under promise and over deliver`.

Also, if you`ve got customers who do not take care of their cars, then you`ve got the wrong customers. The best detailing customers are those who usually take good care of their cars and use your detailing services at least three to four times a year. Not every few years.

When you finish a detailing job, after spending hours on it, and your customer does not `at least look at it` that`s another sign that you`ve got the wrong customer.

bozack23
07-23-2004, 10:17 AM
If the customer brings you a dirty vehicle and pays you to clean that dirty vehicle that sounds like the right customer to me!

nickis
07-23-2004, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by TheSopranos16
If the customers were as concerned about their car as we are, they wouldn`t have let it turn to sh*t for years before getting something done about it!

Haha, so true.

Originally posted by mirrorfinishman
Also, if you`ve got customers who do not take care of their cars, then you`ve got the wrong customers.

I don`t know about that, I agree with bozack, anyone that pays is the right customer. Maybe I`m sick, but I kind of prefer the nasty, neglected cars. After you`re done you see a real transformation and not just a car that is slightly shinier. Of course its easier and faster to do cars that are in decent condition already, but I really get more satisfaction out of the gross ones. Of course, those customers are never more picky than me, but that just means their reaction to my work is even better.

kimwallace
07-23-2004, 08:13 PM
You need to be more fussy about how the car looks than the person who owns it ...
You never know what potential customer might be looking at their car !!!

ohsoclean
07-23-2004, 11:35 PM
The thing that bugs me most. Is you have a time slot to finish by . so they can come pick it up . you`ve just spent hourse perfecting every little thing you think a "normal" person would notice. But when the customer arrives to get the car they say wow . or oh my god , or the classic -is that the same car. And it hasnt been this clean since we bought it. But then thats it . pay no attention to immaculate door jams and seat track. carpet patterns , and glass that is spot and streak free , they hop in and drive away. You worry during the detail if its good enough and the compliments are what mean most about the whole job , but working so hard on a single detail only to have it been the one customer who had money to burn and could give a **** if you did it or took it to the car wash. Just my past expieriences with people. but then again not everyone looks for the same things as a detailer when inspecting a car .

usdm
07-24-2004, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by nickis
........Maybe I`m sick, but I kind of prefer the nasty, neglected cars. After you`re done you see a real transformation and not just a car that is slightly shinier. Of course its easier and faster to do cars that are in decent condition already, but I really get more satisfaction out of the gross ones. Of course, those customers are never more picky than me, but that just means their reaction to my work is even better.

:yeah

Improving the look of a nasty car is always going to get more positive feedback (from me and the client) than doing up a car already in good condition. Heck, I would`ve never learned anything if not for those rolling heaps.

mirrorfinishman
07-24-2004, 06:21 AM
Originally posted by ohsoclean
You worry during the detail if its good enough and the compliments are what mean most about the whole job

When you finish a detailing job and your customer does not compliment you and show their appreciation for your good work, then that`s just another sign that you are dealing with the wrong customer.

dr_detail
07-24-2004, 09:19 AM
I turned down a job last week on a black vehicle because the customer just wanted a wash and wax. Upon inspection, the vehicle was swirlled like a motha-@#$%^! I explained to the customer what the swirls were, how they got there, what`s involved with their removal (that a wax job will not remove them) and most importantly -- that "My name and reputation is on every vehicle, and if you were to tell some of your friends of the work I did. I would not want to be associated with such a finish for it would not represent the type of service I perform." I explained that I can fix it, how much it will be, and left her with a written estimate valid for 30 days and moved on.

mirrorfinishman
07-24-2004, 09:27 AM
The way you handled that situation was very professional dr_detail. I am very impressed! Hey, in any business, you only get one reputation. Keep up the good work!

TheSopranos16
07-24-2004, 09:48 AM
Originally posted by mirrorfinishman
When you finish a detailing job and your customer does not compliment you and show their appreciation for your good work, then that`s just another sign that you are dealing with the wrong customer.

I don`t know how much I agree with this wrong customer thing. I think any person who is happy to pay you for your work is a right customer! And while it is a little disheartening for them to barly glance at your hard work, at least they are easy to please. So now you know for next time that they aren`t as picky as some other customers. Plus they may show the car to their friends or tell their friends. I just feel like a happy, paying customer is a good customer no matter what. What are we supposed to do? Say, "well you aren`t the type to care that much about your car so I don`t want to do business with you?"

rabbi
07-24-2004, 08:26 PM
"well you aren`t the type to care that much about your car so I don`t want to do business with you?" That`ll work!:D

BuffinStuf
07-25-2004, 08:35 AM
I think ohsoclean is right. people don`t look for the same things when inspecting a car like detailers do... we were trained to see the little things. The customer looks at the car as a whole. Looks good thats great. I usually walk the customer around the vehicle a point out some of the minors.