PDA

View Full Version : How to clean off wax without damaging my paint?

hondaguy2582
10-14-2002, 01:38 PM
i have #26 on my new honda civic, and have had it on for over a month. I just got blackfire in the other day, and im wondering what products should i clean my paint with to get off the wax without damaging the paint(im a lil skeptical to washing with dishwashing liquid bc i think it will hurt my paint). Also, would mothers sealer and glaze be a good polish for under the blackfire?

imported_Aurora40
10-14-2002, 04:35 PM
I`ve felt very comfortable using Meguiar`s All Purpose Cleaner Plus diluted to 64:1 as a de-waxer. It`s very gentle, and diluted that much it is super gentle. I wouldn`t use it as a car wash or anything, but it feels pretty safe. Plus, you just spray it on and rinse, so it isn`t acting as a car wash. You still use a good car wash, with all it`s dirt encapsulating abilities, to actually clean the car. I don`t feel comfortable putting Dawn on the car, and mainly using it while rubbing a chenille sponge around on the dirty surface. It`s made to be used on pots and pans and dishes and such. Stuff that`s much harder to scratch than your paint is. Just my opinion, though. (Plus, APC+ is great for so many other things)

Did you want a product review of a wax remover?

msmcdon
10-15-2002, 03:40 PM
Washing once with dishwashing liquid will not hurt your paint at. It`s never protecting it with wax and repeated washings that hurt it.

Good luck with the Blackfire. :)

BillNorth
10-15-2002, 05:14 PM
Just use a mild paint cleaner. Blackfire is a two step process like klasse. The first step (BLACKFIRE Gloss Enhancing Polish) is a mild cleaner like AIO. This should be enough to clean off your old wax. CMA even says this on their web site.

http://www.properautocare.com/blacglosenpo.html