PDA

View Full Version : S100 products

Pages : [1] 2

charlieo
10-14-2002, 08:44 AM
Well, 3 out of 3 HD dealers in my area have the S100 paste wax in stock (Long Island, NY). I wanted to be sure, this is identical to P21S wax? Has anyone used S100 detail and wax aerosol? I was wondering how it compares to Griot`s Speed Shine, which my friend raves about, and which is about 1/3 the price of the S100. Thanks for the help.

ashsarna
10-14-2002, 01:10 PM
Get the S100 wax!!

It is the same as Ps21 and alot cheaper. I just applied it over my silver car (after 2xAIO and 4xSG) and WOW!!WOW!! just after one coat (I am adding a second coat coming weekend) it actually made the reflection and dept tremendously improve.:cool:

M-M
10-14-2002, 01:21 PM
I`ve never used the PS21 wax so I can`t confirm it`s the same thing, but I can confirm the great reviews of the S100. I`ve used it on my Explorer and could not be happier. I also picked up the S100 paint cleaner. I used the S100 wax once with and once without the S100 paint cleaner and I think there were subtle improvements to the shine after using the paint cleaner.

imported_memnuts
10-14-2002, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by charlieo

Well, 3 out of 3 HD dealers in my area have the S100 paste wax in stock (Long Island, NY). I wanted to be sure, this is identical to P21S wax? Has anyone used S100 detail and wax aerosol? I was wondering how it compares to Griot`s Speed Shine, which my friend raves about, and which is about 1/3 the price of the S100. Thanks for the help.

I love the P21S/S100 carnuaba wax.

With that said.

I tried the S100 " detail and wax" and was not pleased at all. It does not contain S100 wax but some form of carnuaba and beeswax combination. It is difficult to apply evenly, greasy, and difficult to remove completely.:down I was completely disappointed. I really was hoping that this product would be the perfect QD for P21S/S100 protected finish.

$8 spent and will probably never use again. There are too many good QD`s on the market to fool around with this product. Save your money.:wavey

shaf
10-14-2002, 02:18 PM
People should do more thorough searches. :rolleyes: This isn`t directed at you specifically charlieo but it`s a question that`s asked all too often when it doesn`t need to be. I made up my own mind that they`re identical because this was revealed months ago in discussion, and I`m pretty sure a P21S user also compared it. A few people even emailed P21S and they all but admitted it was the same, according to one person.

I feel this also led to the downfall of S100 - probably dozens of unsure newbies and lurkers were pestering P21S and emailing them constantly, asking "Are S100 and P21S the same?!?!?!??" "Are S100 and P21S the same?!?!?!??" "Are S100 and P21S the same?!?!?!??"

So they probably wised up and are now pulling S100. :mad:

Get it while you can... :sosad

johnson
10-14-2002, 02:37 PM
I just got done putting on a coat of S100 and all I can say is WOW. This is after I put on 2 coats of #26. You can see the difference in color when I got done. Ive got 3 jars now.:D

ClayBartrug
10-14-2002, 03:36 PM
Originally posted by 4DSC

People should do more thorough searches. :rolleyes: This isn`t directed at you specifically charlieo but it`s a question that`s asked all too often when it doesn`t need to be. I made up my own mind that they`re identical because this was revealed months ago in discussion, and I`m pretty sure a P21S user also compared it. A few people even emailed P21S and they all but admitted it was the same, according to one person.

I feel this also led to the downfall of S100 - probably dozens of unsure newbies and lurkers were pestering P21S and emailing them constantly, asking "Are S100 and P21S the same?!?!?!??" "Are S100 and P21S the same?!?!?!??" "Are S100 and P21S the same?!?!?!??"

So they probably wised up and are now pulling S100. :mad:

Get it while you can... :sosad

I`m sorry, but I have to chime in here... You need to cut people, "newbies" in particular, some slack. Everyone was/is skeptical about S100 being identical to P21S, for $10 less... Upon hearing about this for the first time people question it on the forums, etc. Most will do searches, but some don`t KNOW to do searches necessarily... Some are satisfied with the response, and others feel the need to email the company. If I had a penny for every time I read a post about someone emailing Meguiar`s or 3M about a product and it`s contents, I`d be a rich man. People email those companies, just as people have decided at times to email P21S and ask questions about their product line.

:nono It would be foolish to assume that P21S is discontinuing their S100 carnauba because people emailed them questioning the likeness of the two products....more likely they`ve realized that people know the two are the same because sales of P21S have declined while S100 has increased. Simple logic, as far as I`m concerned.

:rolleyes:

58fury
10-14-2002, 03:53 PM
S100 is the best wax ive ever used! ill be purchasing a few more jars next summer:xyxthumbs

johnson
10-14-2002, 03:58 PM
Originally posted by 4DR Turbo

S100 is the best wax ive ever used! ill be purchasing a few more jars next summer:xyxthumbs

Dont you mean before the end of this month? They are supposedly switching to a new formula.

Rowani
10-14-2002, 04:44 PM
Being a "newbie" (but before I discovered this forum) I looked at a line of S100 products at a motorcycle dealership. Specifically, it appeared to me that the following P21S products appeared to be the same as their S100 counterparts: total auto wash, bodywork cleanser. I did not see the wax however. In any event, I e-mailed the company and was told that the above formulations were not the same (again, no comment was made on the wax). I reasoned that a motorcycle may have more grease to clean than a car and therefore, I could justify the difference in products. Having said that, they look and smell exactly the same. BTW, I plan on purchasing a can of S100 wax as soon as possible.

gsfroelich
10-14-2002, 06:53 PM
S100 pre-cleaner and S100 wax does a great great job on my black car. I tried the S100 aerosal and it is to greasy, it doesn`t set up. I am waiting to get QD from spraykote which was recomended by Scottwax.

:)

xyzzy
10-14-2002, 08:06 PM
As posted in a review I did of the Detail & Wax product, it definitely wasn`t what I was looking for. At the advice of Dale DeSteno I tried Wizard`s Mist N Shine. Oh MY! This stuff is amazing! Easily the best QD I`ve tried to date, but then again I`ve mostly used the ones available at local shops (plus FI, which I ordered online). It goes on and off very easily and leaves a super slick surface. But the S100 wax is still king in my book. Thanks for the advice Dale!

shaf
10-15-2002, 01:01 AM
Originally posted by Chris S

I`m sorry, but I have to chime in here... You need to cut people, "newbies" in particular, some slack. Everyone was/is skeptical about S100 being identical to P21S, for $10 less... Upon hearing about this for the first time people question it on the forums, etc. Most will do searches, but some don`t KNOW to do searches necessarily... Some are satisfied with the response, and others feel the need to email the company. If I had a penny for every time I read a post about someone emailing Meguiar`s or 3M about a product and it`s contents, I`d be a rich man. People email those companies, just as people have decided at times to email P21S and ask questions about their product line.

:nono It would be foolish to assume that P21S is discontinuing their S100 carnauba because people emailed them questioning the likeness of the two products....more likely they`ve realized that people know the two are the same because sales of P21S have declined while S100 has increased. Simple logic, as far as I`m concerned.

:rolleyes: Point taken and I apologize to everyone. I don`t usually complain about anything and this is unusual behaviour for me. :down I guess it just struck a nerve at the wrong time. :(

ClayBartrug
10-15-2002, 06:38 AM
Originally posted by 4DSC

Point taken and I apologize to everyone. I don`t usually complain about anything and this is unusual behaviour for me. :down I guess it just struck a nerve at the wrong time. :(

Good man! :xyxthumbs

And trust me, I can sympathize with the frustration. I hate to see such a great bargain going away. I for one, plan to stock up! :D

CharlesW
10-15-2002, 08:21 AM
While it does seem from all the reports thar something is going to change with S100, wouldn`t it be logical that it might be for the better? It`s a heck of a product and I don`t think they will want to change that fact. The price might go up a little, but their Harley business is probably such that they don`t want to lose it by having a $10 bump in price all at once. Since the Harley shops seem to be the only ones carrying it in any quantity, I would bet they are a pretty valuable customer for S100. Just another opinion.

Charles