PDA

View Full Version : figureing out what i need. (mobile help)

ohsoclean
07-22-2004, 09:46 PM
Since I am loosing the shop . Im takin the show on the road. Thats rite i went out and bought myself a ford ranger . The biggest cab and bed package avail. 6ft bed. what all do i need. I have to get a water tank. (thinking 30 or 60 gallon) to little to much ? anyways ill have that in the bed with a pressure washer. also a generator ? a air compressor. and my buckets waxes all the other fun stuff can sit up from close to me. :headbang and all the big stuff will sit in the back. The compressor is a nice feature ... blowing water out of jams, crack crevises before drying really saves on rags .. also gets out the tough to reach dirt in the un seeable places before vaccume-ing. the generator will be for obvious power in parking lots where a 1000ft of extention cord just wont cut it. it doesnt have to be in the bed every day either i can power my stuff off of the clients supply. i know this isnt a spectacular but starting out small and working big is the plan . What does everyone suggest. the ranger is 1 good on gas, good on space and cheap to insure ... i dont need anyhting bigger. suggestions on tank ? and anyhtign else i should pack in the bed . thanks in advance

ron`s
07-23-2004, 05:59 AM
sometimes you can find the 50gal plastic drums buy commercial bldgs. The caps have knock outs so can plumb it. Then just lay it on its side. Oh maby make a cradle for it so it wont roll around

ohsoclean
07-23-2004, 06:43 AM
yea im guna look and theres another good thread goin on about converting barrels into money makers in the pro detailing forum. I think its garden hose hook up to a tank is the title . Put the infor you know into that thread it will only be more educational for everyone . Oh yea welcome to dc.