PDA

View Full Version : Hood reflection after AIOx1 and SGx2

roller5435
10-13-2002, 10:31 PM
Here`s a pic of the reflection off my black Jetta`s hood. You can see the light and garage door opener on the ceiling through the hood. (I`ve also included a non-reflection shot for you too).

Cheers!

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/500/3194hood_reflection.jpg

http://www.autopia.org/gallery/data/500/3194gli_rear_quarter.jpg

roller5435
10-13-2002, 10:35 PM
By the way, thanks to ALL the members on this site for all the advice and for leaving lots of informative posts. I gained a lot of great knowledge the past couple of weeks using the search engine. I don`t think I would`ve had the confidence to stray from normal waxing and try out the Klasse protocol without you. But I`m loving the results! Can`t wait to get a couple more SG coats on there!!

Cheers!

SergC
10-13-2002, 10:38 PM
Niiiiiiiiice!:xyxthumbs

Jngrbrdman
10-13-2002, 10:38 PM
Wow. That looks great. At first I was like, what is that thing sitting on the hood...? Then I realized that it was your garage door opener. LOL That is a superior reflection. Very nice work. :xyxthumbs

shaf
10-13-2002, 10:41 PM
Nice work, beautiful paint! :)

Redcar GUY
10-13-2002, 10:44 PM
nice shot!

tkr128
10-14-2002, 12:16 AM
Woah! That is one nice looking car! Absolutely beautiful!

AMP01
10-14-2002, 12:56 AM
GREAT REFLECTION SHOT!! :xyxthumbs

Klasse applied correctly can be awsome. Keep up the good work.

Cheers,

AMP`s 740iL (http://www.cardomain.com/id/amp99)

imported_Intermezzo
10-14-2002, 12:44 PM
Haha, even your "non-reflection" shots are very very reflective! Good job! :xyxthumbs

ashsarna
10-14-2002, 01:04 PM
:up

Great !! Try adding another 2 coat of sg, maybe it will add even more dept!!

roller5435
10-14-2002, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by ashsarna

:up

Great !! Try adding another 2 coat of sg, maybe it will add even more dept!!

Yep - that`s the plan. I`m going to try one more coat tonight which will make SGx3. Then I`ll probably apply a fourth coat in a week or so after a quick wash.

I`m a bit nervous to use SG after a QD, even though the Meguiar`s Final Inspection doesn`t contain waxing. Is my fear unfounded? I just don`t want to "trap" anything between Klasse layers which might prevent bonding or trap in oils like the infamous "haze".

Any comments?

(btw - thanks for all the positive feedback. After doing 2 cars back-to-back this weekend, my arms and back are sore - but your praise keeps me motivated to keep it up. :) )

shaf
10-14-2002, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Fireproof

I`m a bit nervous to use SG after a QD, even though the Meguiar`s Final Inspection doesn`t contain waxing. Is my fear unfounded? I just don`t want to "trap" anything between Klasse layers which might prevent bonding or trap in oils like the infamous "haze".

I know - when you think about it, it makes you pretty nervous and paranoid about getting stuff trapped between layers! I did this a few times anyway (washing and 100% drying every time was a hassle), and it seemed to layer fine. I just put faith in other people`s experiences and recommendations that it`s okay. :)

BTW, if I were to do this now, I`d take advantage of a CCD (which I didn`t own) and use the QD a bit more lightly.

ashsarna
10-14-2002, 02:56 PM
Do not worry, 4DSC has the right idea.

If you plan on leaving the car in the garage as I do (fortunately spouse understands that I am a weirdo!!) over the entire process, use the Meguire FI (I do and love it). I always use it between sg (even after dusting withthe cal car duster). If you need to drive it, then it is best to wash, if still clean to , at least cal car dust and qd.:D