PDA

View Full Version : Nwebie question Why remove wax?

imported_rcomito
10-13-2002, 08:00 PM
I`m a newbie and would like to know why people ask about or want to remove all the wax on a car.

How often should this be done? And if you use klasse AIO do you sometimes have to remove that?

Is there such a thing as too much wax or Klasse AIO?

Thanks alot

TAC

shaf
10-13-2002, 08:44 PM
I`m not sure what you mean, but sometimes people want to strip off the products on their car to work on the paint. Either a annual or bi-annual polishing, or they just want to try a different product on their paint. Nothing says you have to do it, it`s just by choice.

You can`t really have too much wax because by the time you`ve added that may coats it`s probably time to strip it all off and re-polish the car anyway. You can`t layer AIO - it`ll clean itself off every time you use it.

EDIT: just some proofreading :D

Jngrbrdman
10-13-2002, 09:07 PM
If you are changing systems then you will want to strip everything off. Like if you were going from Klasse to Blackfire, for example. You shouldn`t have to strip your car more than twice a year. In a perfect world I would only strip my car in the fall and in the spring. Maybe once inbetween depending on if it needed to be clayed due to some moron spray painting my calipers and not covering the entire car. Uhmm...but that`s another story. ;)

Winter has hazards for a car than summer does. In the winter I use Klasse with 2 or 3 layers of SG. I skip the carnuba layers because appearance isn`t my focus. In the summer I`m more interested in the depth and gloss of my car. Durability doesn`t matter too much because I know that I`ll be putting on more layers each week. I don`t get to play with my car as much in the winter so I stick to something that is going to really protect my car against the salt and crap on the roads. I need to strip the car prior to changing systems in the spring and the fall.