PDA

View Full Version : Bbb

Noe "FreeLoader"
10-13-2002, 10:23 AM
I keep getting calls from a telemarketer wanting me to join the BBB.($475.00 a year) I was wondering how many of you guys are members and do you think it has benefited your business.Or from another standpoint Do you only shop with people that have a good report or who have no negative rating even though they arent a member?

Detailing NY
10-25-2002, 06:11 PM
I dont belong to the BBB, to me it is a waste of money. I offer great service and great pricing. Why should i join the BBB, so i can tell people i am a member, not worth it.

Take that money and use it in marketing for your business.

:)

imported_Custom Detail
11-20-2002, 11:15 PM
I belonged many years ago.......It did nothing for my business

All they want is their fee...and they give you a plack to hang in your place of business............A waste.

safetyman2010
11-27-2002, 01:06 PM
I also was a member. Absolutely no value for me whatsoever because I never have any complaints anyway. I think they serve a valuable purpose but pound for pound your money is best served elsewhere. You may want to study and abide by their conflict resolution guidelines though in case you get a custome4 with a complaint in the future.

chris0626
11-27-2002, 01:11 PM
As a consumer, I can tell you that whether or not a business is a member has no impact on my purchasing decision. I agree with Ejant: the only time I check is when I think I`m about to be ripped off (e.g., by HVAC, roofing, or plumbing companies) and want to see if they have a bad report. I agree with everybody else: save your hard-earned (but, no doubt, shiny! ;) ) dollars.

masterfinish
11-27-2002, 06:36 PM
Do not bother to join. You will find out that they keep a file on your business anyway. As long as you do not have any negatives, customers calling to ask about you will be given a positive report as I found out. Learning this I never bothered to join. Your better off to join a local chamber of commerce and network as much as possible. It can be very good way to meet local business owners and find out about possible fleets and other detailing needs. Another positive network is to call local realtor offoces and offer to sponsor one of their breakfast meetings. These people eat like shrews. Bring a box full of bagels and cream chees and they will let you standup and promote the value of your service. Since they almost live and work in their cars it should look good when they take clients to show multiple homes.

Tom

Nagchampa
11-27-2002, 06:48 PM
Originally posted by Masterfinish

Another positive network is to call local realtor offoces and offer to sponsor one of their breakfast meetings. These people eat like shrews. Bring a box full of bagels and cream chees and they will let you standup and promote the value of your service. Since they almost live and work in their cars it should look good when they take clients to show multiple homes.

Tom That is a great idea! I always thought that a real estate agent would be an ideal target customer for these very reasons.

I also think that real estate agents are constantly talking nonstop to everybody they come into contact with which can help spread the word.