PDA

View Full Version : PC sometimes "hopping"?

Sirslap2
10-13-2002, 09:58 AM
I wasn`t going to ask this but what the hey!

When I used my PC last weekend it would ocassionally jump or hop and then settle back down again.

Anyone else had this happen?

PAW
10-13-2002, 12:28 PM
I had a detailer remove some dealer installed scratches. He let me play with the PC. I had the same problem. He told me you have to keep the pad flat on the surface.

2wheelsx2
10-13-2002, 01:25 PM
I had this happen yesterday for the first time. I was because I was not paying attention, and lifted the end of the pad a bit. Yep, definitely caused by not having the pad flat on the surface, at least in my case.

I was trying to using the edge of the pad to do a spot on the bumper, and the pad could not make full contact. I had the pad at the wrong angle at one point, and it started to hop. I quickly adjusted the pad angle and everything went back to normal.

Chuckmotor
10-13-2002, 01:40 PM
I`ve never expierenced that with a PC, but when I first used a rotary, I had that problem (as I think most do when they first use one). You were using a Porter Cable dual-action polisher, right? Not a rotary? That`s odd if it is a PC. Are you keeping a good grip on it??

Tiger88
10-13-2002, 03:23 PM
I agree with ejant, the pad is probably too dry. Mine does that sometimes. A very light spritz of water might help.

tkr128
10-13-2002, 08:16 PM
Mine skips on the roof in the middle where it`s not as strong as the other parts of the car.

jerry@robs
10-16-2002, 02:29 AM
Originally posted by Chuckmotor

I`ve never expierenced that with a PC, but when I first used a rotary, I had that problem (as I think most do when they first use one).

I agree... I experienced that with a rotary, but not a DA...