PDA

View Full Version : EO tire cleaner is good for all kinds of stuff>

Pages : [1] 2

Redcar GUY
10-12-2002, 09:16 PM
I have had EOTC before so this is not really a review, I just never had 16+ bottles of it to Play with...

To day was my yearly on the beater car, I wanted to try the EOTC on anything I could. I tried it on> Tires, (rubber) mud flaps, wheel wells, plastic/rubber floor mats, plastic door sills, and even parts of the Plastic dash. Need less to say it works great on all that stuff :) This is one of the reasons it is great to have a beater car, try stuff and not care if it hurts anything ;) I may post a thread on what I washed the car with:eek: you may not want to know LOL

PS, I also used it on my plastic trash toter thing, worked good there too..

Taxlady
10-12-2002, 09:30 PM
I may post a thread on what I washed the car with you may not want to know LOL

So, what did you use? Got me all curious now. :o

thevolvoguy
10-13-2002, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by Redcar GUY

I may post a thread on what I washed the car with:eek: you may not want to know LOL

lol... I wanna know! :)

shaf
10-13-2002, 05:27 AM
Originally posted by Redcar GUY

I may post a thread on what I washed the car with:eek: you may not want to know LOL LOL, okay I`m in too! :p

Is it:

a) Simple Green

b) Johnson & Johnson`s baby shampoo

c) Tide

d) Simoniz rotating washing twirly thingy.... :D

e) Varsol :eek:

f) Kerosene :shocked

Place your bets... place your bets....

Pats300zx
10-13-2002, 06:50 AM
The suspense is killing us.....tell tell tell.....:cool:

Hope it wasn`t the Never Dull....lol

imported_Aurora40
10-13-2002, 08:43 AM
Uh, did you wash the car with EO Tire Cleaner?

thevolvoguy
10-13-2002, 09:20 AM
Truthfully I have always wondered what washing the car with shampoo or a light detergent or soap would do.

I guess it would clean well, but probably strip some wax and leave a nice soap scum film on the car. :D

Redcar GUY
10-13-2002, 10:01 AM
ok ok ......I did spray the tire cleaner on the whole car, I did it in 1/4 sections. I also fillled up a 5 gal bucket with water and some Dawn. Then I used the brush that I used to clean the concrete floor in the garage to "clean" the paint. The sad thing was..... I hope I had gotten all the Acid off the brush from Eching the floor with the brush ;) All the Neighbors where watching me, Now they must think that I am "like them", They use a brush on a stick to clean there cars/trucks/vans. I love that old beater car, Best $200 I ever spent!

Please do not try anything you have read in this post, if you do it is at your own risk and if you mess up your car it is your problem,,,,,

C. Charles Hahn
10-13-2002, 12:49 PM
lol..... thats crazy.... I love beater cars!

C. Charles Hahn
10-13-2002, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by thevolvoguy

Truthfully I have always wondered what washing the car with shampoo or a light detergent or soap would do.

I guess it would clean well, but probably strip some wax and leave a nice soap scum film on the car. :D

so just use that "clean shower" soap scum remover/fighter on it as a QD spray :o ..... I had thought once about using some head and shoulders shampoo for carwash soap too :scared

imported_Aurora40
10-13-2002, 12:58 PM
I win! :bounce :rolleyes:

CharlesW
10-13-2002, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Shiny Lil Detlr

so just use that "clean shower" soap scum remover/fighter on it as a QD spray :o .....

FYI, Clean Shower does a pretty good job of removing the water spots and film that accumulate on the bottom of my boat during the summer. I have been using it for a few years with no adverse effects that I can see. It has to be easier on the fiberglass than the acid based bottom cleaners that are used at most marinas.

I don`t think I would ever use it on my paint, though.

Charles

shaf
10-13-2002, 01:46 PM
LOL that`s funny!

:nono

:D

Just out of curiosity, what is your beater car?

imported_Intel486
10-13-2002, 05:46 PM
What? you didn`t use steel wool? Everyone knows that is the only way to truly get your car clean!

thevolvoguy
10-13-2002, 05:54 PM
Originally posted by Intel486

What? you didn`t use steel wool? Everyone knows that is the only way to truly get your car clean!

Yep, clean right down to the bare metal. :nono :scared