PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop Pointers

boywonder
10-12-2002, 05:59 PM
This thread is dedicated to those who use Photoshop and want to share some tips and tricks to make image editing easy. :D

C. Charles Hahn
10-12-2002, 06:29 PM
the first tip I can offer is the magnetic lasso makes cutting out cars from their backgrounds extremely easy.... just about anybody can do it!

Taxlady
10-12-2002, 07:23 PM
You can get WinGIMP for free:

WinGIMP: GNU Image Manipulation Program for Windows (http://w0w.wingimp.org/about.php)

samiam513
10-12-2002, 09:54 PM
here`s a apge on photoshopping cars. really easy to follow directions. changing ccolor, rims, ground effects, neon, ,tint, ect. all that "cool" stuff.

http://www.photoshopjunkie.com/tutorials.html

Jngrbrdman
10-16-2002, 08:20 PM
wow. 13 replies and only one pointer. Sure glad that its a sticky. :D This will be a thread that everyone will want to read. lol J/K :xyxthumbs

What I`d like to know how to do is how people cut parts out of one picture and then paste them onto a new one. I`m lost with the whole layering thing. Anyone know of any good online tutorials on Photoshop? I think I`ve got 5.5 or 6.0. Not sure which.

boywonder
10-17-2002, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by Jngrbrdman

wow. 13 replies and only one pointer. Sure glad that its a sticky. :D This will be a thread that everyone will want to read. lol J/K :xyxthumbs

What I`d like to know how to do is how people cut parts out of one picture and then paste them onto a new one. I`m lost with the whole layering thing. Anyone know of any good online tutorials on Photoshop? I think I`ve got 5.5 or 6.0. Not sure which.

Check on Adobe`s site and they have tutorials for their entire product line. I am currently playing around with Illustrator. :D

boywonder
10-17-2002, 09:13 AM
An easy way to adjust color in Photoshop is using Variations. This command can be found under Image:Adjust. You can adjust the color balance by clicking on the squares of a contrasting color (e.g. if a picture is too blue, use yellow to balance it out).

Another thing is that there is a lsider for the level of adjustment you might want to make. By default, it is set on coarse.

Many of the pics I have posted were edited with Variations.

admac
10-17-2002, 02:32 PM
well the most basic things to do when you first get your image is to adjust the layers to add contrast and to do an unsharp mask pass. that alone will make the image appear a bit more vivid. other than that, i think you`d have to have specific questions in order to get good tips.

one of the best things about the new versions of photoshop is the adjustment layers. you can make adjustments as layers. the benefit of this is that you can control the opacity of the effect and turn effects on and off. all without damaging the underlying original image.

for cutting things out, i prefer to use the pen tool. it takes a while to learn how to use it properly, but it`s much more precise than any of the lasso or magic wand tools.

boarderx
11-04-2002, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by samiam513

here`s a apge on photoshopping cars. really easy to follow directions. changing ccolor, rims, ground effects, neon, ,tint, ect. all that "cool" stuff.

http://www.photoshopjunkie.com/tutorials.html

That is such an awesome tutorial! Very informative. Thanks a lot!

msmcdon
11-20-2002, 12:00 PM
Hey all...

I don`t really have any tips to post, as Photoshop can be very in-depth depending on what you want. I work with PS about 7 hours every day and have done so since about 1992, so if anyone has any questions, feel free to PM me.

I`ll see what I can do. :up

Richt
11-20-2002, 05:37 PM
you gotta love photoshop

http://erc.qmuc.ac.uk/psc/watermarked/wm_finished.jpg

Lowered , tints, colour coding, body mods and its all psd!

Taxlady
11-20-2002, 06:05 PM
psd?

Jngrbrdman
11-20-2002, 06:24 PM
.psd is the photoshop file extention. Kinda like Word documents end in .doc. It`s just a graphic file like jpg, gif, and bmp.

Richt
11-21-2002, 03:50 AM
sorry i should have said its all photoshop!

Taxlady
11-21-2002, 12:01 PM
Thanks guys. I guess psd is short for Photo Shop Document.