PDA

View Full Version : MF + Z2 + Z6 question for MF weeinies/perfectionists...

brenesx
10-12-2002, 04:31 PM
Note: I have used the search with multiple keywords, and have not found a single topic that seems to cover this topic in detail. If I missed the "gold standard" on this topic, could someone give me the link (if it has already been covered in detail)?

I have been using the charismas for Z6 (between layers and detailing) and have been using them for the removal of Z2 and Z5.

I looked around here and there seem to be a lot of people here that are using Zaino with MF towels.

Of the various MF towels available (perhaps it might be useful to use the CMA towels as a guide), which types of MF do you find best for:

1. Applying the Z6 detailing gloss spray (for super shiny application) and/or for between layers of Zx + ZFX?

2. For removing the Z2/ZFX and/or Z5/ZFX.

I was hoping to be "spared" some experimentation on which towels were "best" for each of the purposed (gloss application #1) and (Zx removal).

And, outside of some comments I`ve seen about dropping the MF towels in the dirt (argh), have any of you run into any other issues (cleaning, etc, etc)?

I usually use a separate bath sheet for Z6 and each Zx removal. What size and how many MF towels do you folks use for your jobs (I don`t need info on RV or 747 applications :D )

imported_Paul Mitchell
10-12-2002, 04:59 PM
I use only Charisma Select`s for Zaino removal. I find the MF`s get loaded too quickly with product while removing Zaino. I usually use two bath size towels to remove a coat. (Probably could get by with one.)

I use MF`s for QDing or applying Z-6 before Z coats. I use 2 of them one folded into quarters to apply and another in quarters to buff the product, turning as needed. I use PakShaks most of the time,excellent value and soft. I have also used JTInternationals with excellent results as well as NeatItems, YoSteve and CMA`s Magic Towels and Vipers. I use small Charisma Selects for Klasse AIO/SG on the wheels and the MF`s for Sonus Spritz QD on the wheels.

I don`t really see any difference in the look using different MF`s for the Z-6. No specific cleaning issues with my MF`s, I just don`t like using then for Z or K removal. After use, I soak them in warm water and All Free and Clear and do a spot removal then I machine wash them in warm water with the free and Clear, (rinse twice), and hang them up to dry.

HTH! :xyxthumbs

Regards, Eric