PDA

View Full Version : Black A8 - Medallion PC vs #9 vs #7

SamIam
10-12-2002, 03:34 PM
I just bough some S100 and applied to my wife`s black Acura MDX. It is fairly new and the 1 x AIO & 2 x SG looked good, but after listening to th board, I went to my locak Harley dealer and bought the S100. WOW. Easy on, easy off, shiny as all get out.

Now, the tough one. I have a 97 black Audi A8. Has some scratches & swirls, but is fairly shiny after the AIO and SG treatment earlier this summer. I want to spend some quality time on on it and put some proper prep into it. In house, I have Medallion Paint Cleaner, some Meguirs, #3 and #9, some Zymol HD-Cleanse, some 3m IHG, some Malm`s polishing cleaner. What would be the best panel prep for this? I plan on finishing with AIO, 2 or 3 SG layers, and finally some S100.

As you can tell, I have a pretty good collection of cleaners and would really like to use some of this stuff up, but would like some input into what would take out the swirls and really shine the heck out of the black Audi. By the way, I do have a PC random orbital and plan on using it to really do the Audi right!

Thanks and thanks for the S100 tip, awesome stuff.