PDA

View Full Version : Meg #20

aljo
10-12-2002, 11:57 AM
Hey everyone!

For my final detail before the winter, I have been wanting to get some Meg #20 but I can`t get it because its a professional line product. I don`t know of anyplace that carries them, and if I order them off the internet, I don`t think i`ll be able to get them in time :(

I can however, get professional 3M products.

Does 3M make any good polymers which are equivalent to #20?

I`m looking mainly for durability.

Thanks!

58fury
10-12-2002, 12:14 PM
got my #20 from a CMAX store or uap napa. im guessing theres one in your area? hope this helps. im applying #20 next week for the winter grrrrrr.....

jello_g
10-12-2002, 12:55 PM
You can also try your local CarQuest. Mine didn`t have any on the shelf, so I visited the CarQuest warehouse near the airport here in T.O. where they have nearly every Meguiar`s and 3M product in stock. Not sure if 3M has a similar product to #20, so I`m interested in knowing the answer to that as well... :nixweiss

aljo
10-12-2002, 02:10 PM
Jello,

Does CarQuest have a website?

Is it a store where you can brose the products? Or do you tell them what you want at a counter and they grab it for ya?

shaf
10-12-2002, 02:31 PM
You`re having trouble finding #20? :confused: I can find it or probably order it in at several places here.

Okay try these:

Any car parts store or body shop supply store can probably order it in a few days if they carry the Meguiar`s pro line at all. Phone around.

If you live in a place with any boat supply stores (ie, you have a marina or two) then phone them up and ask if they have #20 or carry Megs stuff. A lot of boating stores here have #20 because they like its durability for their boats.

Canadian Tire can probably order it in through their Keystone (special order) Catalog.

So let your fingers do the walking and search around these places. You shouldn`t have to resort to mail order. Good luck! :wavey

(btw, no I don`t think 3M has any polymer product)

jello_g
10-12-2002, 02:44 PM
bizzy928, hopefully this will help: CarQuest locations in Ontario (http://carquest.know-where.com/carquest/region/CA/ON.html)

The locations that I`ve been to are general stores, but the main warehouse (http://carquest.know-where.com/carquest/cgi/site?site=11034&address=) is a counter where a guy will scoot off into the darkness and come back with whatever you request.

4DSC, one would think that 3M, with their great diversity of product offerings, would have a competing product to #20. Oh, well...

shaf
10-12-2002, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by jello_g

4DSC, one would think that 3M, with their great diversity of product offerings, would have a competing product to #20. Oh, well... Yes I thought so too, but maybe they figure they should just specialize in paint finishing more and there`s too much competition for those products already anyway.. :nixweiss In any case, I`ve never come across a 3M sealant and have never heard of one at Autopia.

aljo
10-13-2002, 12:58 PM
Thanks for all the great help!

I called a local CarQuest today but there was no answer. So i`ll try again later!

I have to admit I didn`t try very hard to find Meg #20 or any Prof. line products. I`ve tried the normal Department stores such as Can Tire, Wal Mart etc...

Thanks again!