PDA

View Full Version : washing towels

jal
10-11-2002, 11:25 PM
would it be ok to wash my MF`s along with my terry cloths? Also, what would be the best way to wash them?

thanks!

johnson
10-11-2002, 11:44 PM
I just got my MF towels in this week. From what ive read, you need to wash MF towels seperately from other towels. Im going to be using liquid Tide Free. It doesnt contain any fabric softener nor scent. Wash with gentle cycle and hang dry or set it on the gentle cycle. HTH.

PAW
10-11-2002, 11:48 PM
Don`t wash your MF towels with terry or anything else. I made that mistake once. You`ll be picking lint off the MF for days! Use liquide detergent on all your car touching products. With powdered, some of the granulars MAY not disolve and could scratch your paint. I wash them in the washing machine. Other people hand wash them. That`s too much work for me. You probably should use the delicate wash cycle but I use the normal one. I am seeing some wear in the toweling it`s self. I dry them on delicate until they are still slightly damp and the I finish by hanging them to dry. I was terry cloth and chenille mitts the same way. There are some other recent threads on washing MF towel. Just scroll throught the detailing and university forums. OR use the search button.

Redcar GUY
10-12-2002, 01:29 AM
I wash my MFs alone and my terry alone. also I use liquid tide:)