PDA

View Full Version : Blackfire

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

Mindflux
10-11-2002, 05:02 PM
I got my Blackfire Product Evaluation package in the mail today, it consists of Blackfire All finish Paint protection, a MF Applicator and some very nice instructions.

I can`t wait to try it out this weekend. I hope I have good luck with it, I`ll post results as soon as I get time.

Thanks Terry for letting us Autopians give your product a whirl!

2wheelsx2
10-11-2002, 05:08 PM
Does anyone know if CMA will ship these kits to Canada?

imported_Tony
10-11-2002, 05:13 PM
Your high tomorrow is 89 but your high will only be 65 Sunday. Looks like great detailing weather.

Good Luck

Mindflux
10-11-2002, 05:18 PM
Yeah it should be good weather. I`m trying to decide on what to polish the car with prior to the AFPP application. Eh, the car is new enough a good thurough wash and AFPP should be fine.

imported_Tony
10-11-2002, 05:31 PM
Deciding on a polish?

machine Vs hand

SMR vs cleaner

Thats why so many like DACP

kinda depends on what is available.

If you are not trying to remove swirls then maybe clay and a cleaner.

Good luck

Mindflux
10-11-2002, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by rightlane

Deciding on a polish?

machine Vs hand

SMR vs cleaner

Thats why so many like DACP

kinda depends on what is available.

If you are not trying to remove swirls then maybe clay and a cleaner.

Good luck

DACP?

Yeah, maybe I"ll use my PPCL. Hrmm..

I dunno machine or hand. If I do the PPCL step I`ll do it by machine.

Edit: Found out what DACP was (acronym link). I never used/heard of it because I use Zaino. I guess I should still have a good cleaner/polish for a pre-prep of Zaino.

Can I pick that up at an Autozone or something? Or is it one of their professional lines?

imported_Tony
10-11-2002, 05:43 PM
DACP is in the Meguiars pro line.

jerryb540
10-11-2002, 06:36 PM
Got mine yesterday. As I am already using the "old" formulation of Blackfire and am very pleased with results, I am anxious to try out the new "improved" version. Like others on the forum, have been an avid Zaino user for over 2 years; but I really like the depth achieved with Blackfire. Also a significant drop in dust collection.:up

imported_Intel486
10-11-2002, 06:39 PM
Got mine two days ago... wait, no yesterday... I don`t have a good memory :D

I plan on trying it out sometime soon. I`m setting up my flood lights right now so I can work on my truck tonight. I`ve got the LA F-150world chapter meet tomorrow. Gotta get the truck ready :)

I think I may do the roof with blackfire. Going to do the rest of the truck with Profection and a coat of Satin Creme. Then before the meet I`ll put a coat of Fast Trak on it and quick detail with Proactive... OK I have too many products...

After the meet I`ll probably strip the side of my bed and blackfire it. May also use it on a customers car.

Andre'
10-11-2002, 07:36 PM
I just received mine today i`ll use it tomorrow. I gave it the sniff test and man it smells bad nothing like the old version, it also has a blue color.

BradE
10-11-2002, 08:50 PM
It`s smells bad? Perhaps CMA switched BlackFire over to a solvent base instead of the water base for the old formula. :nixweiss

laynlow
10-11-2002, 09:00 PM
I hope my evaluation kit shows up soon. I am anxious to get the winter details done.

thevolvoguy
10-11-2002, 09:14 PM
I tried it already, check out my review.

Click me (http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=136021#post136021)

Andre'
10-11-2002, 09:16 PM
It does have a stronger solvent smell but not all that bad. It just has a bad smell, rotten egg+mineral spirits,:nixweiss it`s hard to describe.

imported_Aurora40
10-12-2002, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by ShowroomLincoln

It`s smells bad? Perhaps CMA switched BlackFire over to a solvent base instead of the water base for the old formula. :nixweiss

Well, even though the original formula was water-based, it did have some solvents in it. I too got the new BF. It smells a little chemically, but it isn`t strong. You have to stick your face in it to smell it. It`s not like you get punched in the face as soon as you flip the cap. I suspect that there just isn`t any fragrance in it now to mask it like there was with the original BF. I mean, it wasn`t by chance it had that nice smell before... :)