PDA

View Full Version : any adverse effects using these products? (meguirs, etc)

silentsithh
10-11-2002, 03:14 AM
Hello. I am new to detailing, (new as in, never detailed before). I`ve been browsing these boards for quite some time, and I feel I`m ready to attack my black paint on the 02 996.

My concern, is that even though I`m doing this by hand, I`m going to hurt my paint by either using something too abrasive or simple misuse of the product. Can there be any permanent adverse effects if done wrong, using any products below? Can you review this list I have below, and tell me if a product is not recommend or the order is wrong?

1- Pinnacle wash

2- Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion

3- Meguiars swirl remover #9 2.0

4- meguiars show car glaze #7

5- souveran wax

next day

6- another coat of souveran wax

Note: the reason I`m going with Meguiars is that I have heard 3M IMG is known to ghost, and is sometimes difficult to take off. Basically, I want least-abrasive, yet something that freakin works

Regards.

Sirslap2
10-11-2002, 08:30 AM
Yes, Imperial Hand Glaze can be hard to take off at times but so can #7 which I just discovered this last weekend.

I wouldn`t let that scare you off of either product though as they are excellent.

Just use a QD to remove the stubborn remnants and make sure it is all buffed before waxing.

Looks like you have done your research - good luck!

imported_Intermezzo
10-11-2002, 11:04 AM
The only thing I would add is to be sure you apply #7 extremely thin. Work it into your paint until your paint surface is nearly clear & dry, wait 10-15 minutes and then buff. This makes removal of the product much easier

Also, have you considered giving your car a good claying first?

shaf
10-11-2002, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by ejant

Nothing there that will harm the finish. I would switch 2 and 3.

Welcome to Autopia.:wavey EXACTLY what ejant said :xyxthumbs

Everything you`re using is really mild and you`d have a tough time damaging anything. Don`t worry about anything chemically reacting with the paint if that`s your concern - they won`t.

Ken B
10-11-2002, 12:28 PM
The adverse defect will be the addiction to keep your car looking like that and the clean up of people drooling over your car!

:xyxthumbs

imported_Tony
10-11-2002, 12:39 PM
Ok, I can`t hold it back. Have you heard of clay?