PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Best car wash shampoo

Pages : [1] 2

Glen
10-11-2002, 03:07 AM
Figured I would put this topic to rest. What do you all think is the best overall car wash shampoo. Keep in mind performance and price. Happy polling! :D

TurboCat
10-11-2002, 05:46 AM
I like P21S Bodywork Shampoo, and also Zymol car wash shampoo. The P21S is great, but more expensive and harder to get (I either have to mail order it or drive 30 miles one way to get it). The Zymol is cheap ($4.99) and I can get it locally. Plus it smells great and makes great suds!:xyxthumbs

I wish P21S would offer the bodywork shampoo in a bigger bottle! They have refills for everything else they make...why not offer the shampoo in a big jug?

ultrajim49
10-11-2002, 05:50 AM
I voted "other" `cause I use Z7

As I have the Z-system on my car Z7 realy works best.

I`ve washed with Goldclass , : it was good , but on a z`d car Z7 is best (MHO)

Christiaan

HellrotCi
10-11-2002, 07:35 AM
I wish P21S would offer the bodywork shampoo in a bigger bottle! I agree with you. I love this stuff and a bigger container should help drop the price some. I buy 5 or 6 bottles a year from Car Care Specialities when they have it on sale in July/August. Since so many people like GC, I`m going to have to try some. If I like it just as well, it`ll become a mute point.

Altimazzz
10-11-2002, 10:07 AM
A little goes a long way and it does a great job!

imported_Intermezzo
10-11-2002, 10:13 AM
Like cvcaelen, I voted "other" because my two favorite shampoos are Z-7 & One Grand`s Wash & Wax. The benefit of using Z-7 has been pretty well described on this forum so I won`t get into that.

As for W&W, I feel that it is the mildest of all the shampoos I`ve ever tried and perfect for a carnauba`d car.

Lemonxxs
10-11-2002, 10:45 AM
Zaino wash does wonders when using Zaino...Never tried it on a car that was using something else........Kinda save it for my truck....

Glen
10-11-2002, 03:17 PM
The Zymol is cheap ($4.99) and I can get it locally. Plus it smells great and makes great suds!

Where have you found Zymol for that price. Everywhere I looked online it was like 17 bones for an 8 ounce bottle!! That would be sweet if I could find it that cheap. Please let me know!!:D

PS I might be looking at the wrong stuff. The Zymol I was looking at was called Zymol Clear. Is this the same wash you were talking about??

rstype
10-12-2002, 03:52 PM
Z7 is the best wash for Zaino because it actually revitalizes the polish, not much unlike the REVOstyler. Sorry... too many late-night infomericals at work...

:D

Eagle One and Meguiar`s Gold Class are great store-bought shampoos while I love Blackfire wash to strip off my wax with its pH 9 Tuff-Suds. OG WAW, TW Zymol, and Sonax Gloss are excellent, too!

:rolleyes:

Oh, P21S is so slick that I slipped on the suds. :up

TurboCat
10-12-2002, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by Golfus

Where have you found Zymol for that price. Everywhere I looked online it was like 17 bones for an 8 ounce bottle!! That would be sweet if I could find it that cheap. Please let me know!!:D

PS I might be looking at the wrong stuff. The Zymol I was looking at was called Zymol Clear. Is this the same wash you were talking about??

I forget what it is called, I think Zymol Total Auto Wash. They sell it at AutoZone for $5.99 but I get it at Murray`s Discount Auto for $4.99 a bottle. It is a blue-green color and smells like bananas and coconuts (kind of like sun tan lotion!). Makes great suds and does a good job.

I bought some Meguiars Gold Class shampoo today to try it out on a car I was detailing. That stuff smells nice (more of a cologne type smell) and also had good suds.

:cool:

hinton59
10-18-2002, 08:40 PM
EF Powerwash. Awesome slickness and suds.:D

SVR
12-20-2002, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by Briane

A little goes a long way and it does a great job!

Not that well know brand of products and i don`t believe you can buy in bulk sizes but most of their products work best on hot cars

When detailing my dad`s staff cars and at work i use either Omikron Super Gloss (polymer wax added) not suitable for buffed cars, Super Shampoo (non wax), 3M Car Shampoo or Castrol Boss Wash.

Er31204
12-20-2002, 03:08 AM
where are you getting your products from in Oz?

boywonder
02-07-2003, 07:35 PM
Currently, I am using Meguiar`s Gold Class Shampoo and I love the suds I get from it. I am also going to try EF PowerWash.

George M.
02-07-2003, 07:57 PM
i have only used Zymol and GC on my truck, but i like the GC best. Not as good a smell, but less bugs in summer.