PDA

View Full Version : AIO - enough of a polish??

roller5435
10-10-2002, 12:58 PM
I`ll be doing the AIO/SG treatment on my cars this weekend. Quick question - for a brand-new car with minimal micro marring on the clear coat, will the AIO be enough to polish and clean the surface, or do I need to give it a once-over with SMR or something?

I`ve searched all the threads and still am a bit uncertain. It seems like AIO is all I really need to do since the cars are pretty new, the paints in good shape, etc.

TIA.

imported_Intel486
10-10-2002, 01:03 PM
If you have swirls you`d like to get rid of, then do the SMR. AIO is more of a cleaner than a polish. I have tried it on very light surface swirls before and it didn`t remove them.

roller5435
10-10-2002, 02:07 PM
Okay. Thanks for the heads-up - I didn`t want to get through an application of AIO expecting it to take them out, then find out it didn`t, and have to do SMR and then reapply AIO.

Thanks again. I`ll spot-fix with SMR first any areas that need it.

:up

AMP01
10-10-2002, 02:39 PM
You might also want to try Griot`s Machine Polish 3. It is a fine polish that I used on my car the last time I did all the steps.

Here is what I did.

1. Wash.

2. Clay.

3. Wash.

4. Griot`s Machine Polish 3.

5. Klasse AIO.

6.P21S wax.

7. Eimann Fabrik Clear Pearl for a QD.

Check out my CarDomain site for pics.

AMP99`s 7 (http://www.cardomain.com/id/amp99)

Cheers,

DETAILKING
10-11-2002, 11:25 AM
deep cleaning or polishing. If you have swirl marks I recommend addressing them with some 3M abrasives, but if you have minor spiderwebbing, I would live with it, and just use a product that "fills"

As for prep, I would wash the car (or use dawn), clay, address swirls if needed, and then add your final coat of wax / sealant.

If you are using KLASSE, I would skip the AIO and go right to the SG.