PDA

View Full Version : PC pad washer

Green Monster
10-10-2002, 11:43 AM
Has anyone seen this or have one.

Do you think it works good enough to spend $140+?

http://store5.yimg.com/I/tolae_1705_9334500

Found it here:Top of the LIne (http://www.topoftheline.com/polpadwas.html)

Vegas1
10-10-2002, 12:00 PM
Interesting and expensive! It may do the job, but I have a hard time justifiying the price when it costs more than my PC did.

That being said I`ll probably order one next week.:nixweiss :D

vroddad
10-10-2002, 01:09 PM
The American flags are a nice touch :rolleyes:

imported_Intel486
10-10-2002, 01:29 PM
Seems like a waste of money...

$150 is a lot for something that you can do by hand and doesn`t take a long time either. I have the backing on my pads falling off before the actual foam on the pad is torn up and gunked up.

shaf
10-10-2002, 06:30 PM
Hmm, I don`t think this contraption is for PCs... I think it`s for rotary buffers that will spin the pad inside over what looks like a whole bunch of little spurs. Says it doesn`t need water, so I think this is just a very fast and convenient way of spurring a rotary pad. I think running a PC in there would start tearing things... :nixweiss

imported_Intel486
10-10-2002, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by 4DSC

Hmm, I don`t think this contraption is for PCs... I think it`s for rotary buffers that will spin the pad inside over what looks like a whole bunch of little spurs. Says it doesn`t need water, so I think this is just a very fast and convenient way of spurring a rotary pad. I think running a PC in there would start tearing things... :nixweiss

yhea, I think it is for rotarys. It doesn`t take water? Hmmm that might be a good thing. One thing with spuring rotarys is they let off a cloud of dust and most of the chemicals used in compounds you don`t want to breath in, as some are suspected carcinogenics (sp?). If it is in a closed container like that, then they wouldn`t be floating around.

shaf
10-10-2002, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by Intel486

yhea, I think it is for rotarys. It doesn`t take water? Hmmm that might be a good thing. One thing with spuring rotarys is they let off a cloud of dust and most of the chemicals used in compounds you don`t want to breath in, as some are suspected carcinogenics (sp?). If it is in a closed container like that, then they wouldn`t be floating around. My mistake. It says it doesn`t need a water supply, not that it doesn`t need water... it might have a cleaning solution bath below.

Yes, some dusts are dangerous. I remember my SMR says something about silicosis! :eek: The thing that worries me now is that I seem to remember SMRing my friend`s car one day, then having a short but strange coughing fit later that evening...:eek:

vroddad
10-10-2002, 08:55 PM
Bah, it`s just a bucket that you can spur the pad in.