PDA

View Full Version : need help, applying paste

Surfer8210
10-10-2002, 02:26 AM
hi everyone,

got my new jar of Pinnalce souveran paste wax today (along with my foam applicators).

in regards to application, is there a recommended way to apply it?

the paste is sooo thick and hard. what am i supposed to do with it? smear it on the applicator pad?...how is this thick paste supposed to disperse over the paint?

thanks alot

eagerly awaiting responses

vroddad
10-10-2002, 04:56 AM
long strokes along the airstream

generally work it quite a bit

helps if it`s warm

get it thin

I`m not sure if that is a haze then wipe wax or a wipe on, wipe off, type (no wait for haze). Read the package.

Surfer8210
10-10-2002, 05:22 AM
thanks

but, i`ll tell you...this stuff is hard! how do i even get it outta the jar? is it supposed to be like this?

forrest@mothers
10-10-2002, 08:15 AM
Try dampening the foam applicator with an instant detailer.

It`ll help spread the product easier (since it`s slicker than water), and it`ll go on thin, like it`s supposed to be. Makes removal easier, too.

imported_BretFraz
10-10-2002, 08:33 AM
Originally posted by ejant

It takes very little to apply, use very sparingliy. That 8 ounce jar will do about 8 cars.

Uhhhh, what?

I`ve had my Souveran since 1998 and still have 2/3 of the jar left. Must have waxed 20 cars and SUV`s with that stuff. If 8 oz only covered 8 cars, I`d be livid.

Surfer8210
10-10-2002, 02:55 PM
how will I know if I`ve "scooped" up enough wax? i dont want to use to little and end up rubbing a dry foam applicator up against my paint..

crooper
10-10-2002, 02:59 PM
just rub it against the paste a few times and then rub it on your paint. i think you`ll see what we`re talking about. at first it`ll totally seem like too little, but there is some on your applicator. if you`re really nervous about it, try it on a small portion of a panel.

HellrotCi
10-10-2002, 03:24 PM
A couple of swipes of your pad against the wax will be enough to do half of a door on a 4 door car. Souverän may cost alot, but a little bit goes a long way. I`ve waxed my car 4 times and I`ve bearly made a dent in the container. I`d bet you could get 60 or more wax jobs out of 8 ounces.

shaf
10-10-2002, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Shant

how will I know if I`ve "scooped" up enough wax? i dont want to use to little and end up rubbing a dry foam applicator up against my paint.. Don`t worry about the dry foam it too much. You don`t really "scoop" any wax on so much as "scrub" some onto the applicator. Even just a little wax sitting in the foam pores is enough to start. Once the pad is primed a bit with some wax it`s easier. Just play around with application a bit to get your feet wet and you should get the hang of it fairly quickly. I just started using paste a few months ago too! :wavey

mrdetailer
10-10-2002, 06:16 PM
With the more premium waxes like Pinnacle or P21S you definitely want thin coats. My experience is that it has been very easy to apply -- like butter. To keep too much from soaking into the applicator I put the applicator under the tap then squeeze as dry as I can, or squirt some quick detailer onto the pad. Helps keep the coat thin. If applied too thickly, it`s just wasted.

Surfer8210
10-10-2002, 06:54 PM
very helpful answers...thanks

CharlesW
10-10-2002, 08:11 PM
A rough rule of thumb for me. If you can see it on your paint, you have enough. Whether I use paste or liquid, I try to apply only enough that it can be seen on the finish of the car. With paste, that might be so little that you will think you don`t have any on the applicator. If you wiped across the wax in the jar, you have enough for a door or 1/2 the hood.

Charles