PDA

View Full Version : A New Product For Removing Water Spots

stuart hicks
10-09-2002, 08:48 PM
I recently recieved a free sample (thank You) of a new product called diamondite spray clay. This product is the heart of a three step three product system for removing acid rain spots from glass.

I have no cars with acid rain spots, so I tried it on my plexyglass shower doors that have heavy water spots. I have tried everything on them with very little success.

The main product is a foam that has kaolin clay in it along with a heavy duty scrubber. It comes out in a thick foam and looks like shaving cream.

I got to say the stuff was very impressive and after some elbow grease removed most all of the water spots. The difference is dramatic. The spots that it didn`t remove were at least clear and no longer white.

The kit comes with a spray protectant that is to be applied after the clay job. I used this product but seem to get some haze after a shower. The doors that i didn`t spray the protectant on don`t have this haze.

Again this stuff is made for glass and i used it on plexyglass but it did a much better job than anything i have ever tried before.

They say it works on paint too, but use a soft cloth instead of the scrubber. I would be very hesitant to do this though.

dr427
10-09-2002, 09:35 PM
Very interesting! Thanks for the post!:up

imported_Intel486
10-09-2002, 11:37 PM
hmmm... it is out of New Orleans. I may have to try to find them.

What is the company`s name and what is the product name?

imported_89LXi
10-10-2002, 06:47 AM
Here`s a link to their website - Diamondite (http://www.diamondite.com/welcome.htm)

imported_Intel486
10-10-2002, 07:58 PM
Was just at my PRO distributor and asked them about diamonite. They said they had some samples from the guy. He pulled them out and showed me. Said the guy has come in there about four times wanting them to distribute the products but when they tried it on some waterspots on windows it didn`t work.

stuart hicks
10-10-2002, 08:42 PM
Using Diamondite is no miracle cure, you really have to work the product. Just like Pro P-40 you dont just wipe it on and thats it. It may require a second application using the scrubber and some hard wiping. Then again I only used it on shower doors made of clear plexyglass.

Diamondite
10-10-2002, 09:34 PM
I agree. Sometimes a second application is needed to remove spots that have been there a for while baked by the sun. Even though elbow grease may be needed in some cases....the end result is a fully restored piece of glass...free from spots.....improving the overall look of the automobile.

Bryan L. Schouest

Diamondite, L.L.C.

imported_Intel486
10-10-2002, 11:28 PM
Originally posted by diamondite

I agree. Sometimes a second application is needed to remove spots that have been there a for while baked by the sun. Even though elbow grease may be needed in some cases....the end result is a fully restored piece of glass...free from spots.....improving the overall look of the automobile.

Bryan L. Schouest

Diamondite, L.L.C.

You have a PM diamondite