PDA

View Full Version : Polymer over Wax

aljo
10-09-2002, 08:16 PM
Hey guys/gals!

I was wondering if it is okay to put a polymer sealant over Mother Cleaner Wax.

I have a bottle of gt88 as seen on TV polymer sealant. It doesn`t shine... Its not slick... But its durable as hell! I put it on my Fathers car early July, and the car is a daily driver stored outdoors, and the water still beads!

So i`m wondering if it will be okay ontop of Mothers Cleaner Wax.

Thanks in advance!

thevolvoguy
10-09-2002, 08:29 PM
It probably wont bond. It`s worth a shot, but I know with Zaino and Klasse the product will not bond until the paint is properly stripped and prepared.

I would suggest getting a pure carnauba like S100, or Mothers Cali Gold Carnauba wax to top the sealant, that way you dont have to worry about bonding issues. :xyxthumbs

hondaguy2582
10-10-2002, 12:57 AM
if i were you, id get meguiars #20 or blackfire for your polymer. Secondly, dawn wash or use a paint cleaner to get the rest of your wax off the car for your first step. then polish, then apply polymer, then apply your caranuba( i personally like meguiars #26 bc of its ease of use and it was only 9.99 at my auto parts store)

aljo
10-10-2002, 12:58 AM
Sounds good! I will apply the GT88 and then some Mothers Pure Carnuba Wax and call it winter prepped :)

Thanks!

aljo
10-10-2002, 01:01 AM
Whoops Aber.. You posted while I was posting my message :) Good timing! I know, I feel really bad for putting that GT88 stuff on my car for the winter, but I know its durable. So I might as well finish off hte bottle.

This weekend i`ll

Dawn Wash

GT88

Mothers PUre Carnuba

---- are 2 layers of gt88 better than one? (or any polymer...)

hondaguy2582
10-10-2002, 01:20 AM
if your layering polymers, you should wait a couple days btw layers. In other words, do one layer about every week(do as many as you want, although id just put 2 on) then layer your caranuba over your polymer. Just make sure during winter time that you wash as much as possible(not during freezing weather) to get all the dirt off(get that salt off as soon as you can). Id also use a qd over the winter once you wash your car(make sure the car is dry though and its not freezing) to keep your surface nice and smooth!!!