PDA

View Full Version : New forum topic

Pages : [1] 2

Bobby G
10-09-2002, 06:18 PM
If I was to start a new forum area, what would you like it to be?

roller5435
10-09-2002, 08:33 PM
I vote for Porter Cable, but not just the 7424. Don`t discriminate against us 7336 users!! What`s up wit dat? :nixweiss

;)

laynlow
10-09-2002, 09:39 PM
I vote for photography. I think photos are a valuable tool for sharing accomplishments and problems with other members. Its easy to get everyone on the same page with a good photo, but I see lots of em` with incorrect white balance and such.

Also, I think an "other hobbies" forum might be fun. :wavey

dr427
10-09-2002, 09:59 PM
I think really any of the first 3 (Buffer, Motorcycle, or Photography) would be a great addition!

I would hate to see the "Buffer" section be limited to a Porter Cable 7424 even though that is what I use. Having that section definately could answer questions and offer tips and experiences in one location. And give insights on other products to look at or stay away from.

Photography might eat a lot of bandwidth up, but I think we all love the pics especially before and after or problems needing suggestions.

Motorcycles aren`t something I deal with, but have had several people ask about them. I would be interested in that even though my vote didn`t go there!

Maybe to free up some space some less used topics could be merged or eliminated. "Man`s Sanctuary" doesn`t seem to have much traffic.:cool:

qsfanzone
10-09-2002, 10:17 PM
I would like to see more information and maybe “video how-to’s†on cleaning different types of dirty wheels and tires. Ranging from hand cleaning to power cleaning and what products work best for each type of cleaning routine.

My second vote would be for photography but not just posting pictures, instead on how to take good pictures so you can correctly show a problem or a before and after picture. It makes it much easier to get help if people can actually see what the problem is in the picture. Maybe other members who are good at taking pictures could offer a little information on what kind of camera to get for either film or digital photography.

Sci-Fi
10-09-2002, 10:26 PM
Personally, I prefer a Photography section. The comments and questions asked are often more instructive than just looking at the gallery section that have very few, if any, comments. Can always limit the photo size to 500 X 375 and medium resolution (5 on the Photoshop scale) to save server space (pic would be about 40kb...50kb at most).

Machine buffing and rotary section is nice too. Might want to organize the various videos and create a how to do section on the home page. Would answer a lot of questions before they are asked. :) :cool:

dr427
10-09-2002, 10:33 PM
If videos could be a possibility (for any of the mentioned topics) there is a program called Sorenson Squeeze that takes a Quicktime movie and compresses it WAY down for web use. Sorenson Squeeze (http://www.sorenson.com/)

A good friend of mine uses it for his clients all the time. They go to his website and can view the video he`s editing for them without eating up all his bandwidth because he crunched it down with this software.

Again only suggesting it in case bandwidth is a problem.

Bobby G
10-10-2002, 11:40 AM
I agree that AU seems to be off-track from its original intent. AU was created to give people new to detailing a place to ask "repetitive" questions. Now it`s getting more traffic than the original "Detailing" forum. Go figure.

I like the idea of having a buffer/polishing forum. It`s very specific and there seems to be a lot of threads started regarding buffers/polishers.

I also like the idea of having an Automobile Photography forum. After all we`re all about "car appearance," so what better to capture our work than photography.

db

3Dog
10-28-2006, 10:58 PM
I wonder how I will vote :chuckle:

imported_MCA
10-28-2006, 11:03 PM
Although it`s kinda fun to see what the hot topics and polls were 3-4 years ago...they really throw some people off. At first, I thought this was a current poll until I saw David`s comment about "Autopia University.

JaCkaL829
10-28-2006, 11:22 PM
My vote goes to automobile photography; what good is learning how to detail without being able to capture it? ;)

I think the first and last one are too repetitive with what has been covered on the forums, and there doesn`t seem to be too much interest in motorcycle.

Setec Astronomy
10-28-2006, 11:44 PM
You guys realize you have dug up a 4-year old thread, right?

a.k.a. Patrick
10-29-2006, 12:05 AM
How about "aggressive swirl removal" Or even wet sanding.........

crossfire2005
04-20-2007, 09:52 PM
I just bought a new Dodge Charger R/T with the Road & Track package and 20-inch chrome wheels -- so I THOUGHT! Now that it`s at home and the sun is shining, I went to clean the wheels, and they are plastic! I looked online, and it seems that all of the manufaturers are using what they euphemistically call "aluminum chrome clad wheels," which turn out to be aluminum-and-plastic-chrome-clad wheels! Sheesh! Am I angry! Yet, when I went online to see if anyone else had this issue, I couldn`t find anything. The only posts I saw were from people who LIKED the cladded wheels. Please, post a lot of comments, so I can see if I`m just being picky.....

Woob
04-21-2007, 01:53 AM
I just bought a new Dodge Charger R/T with the Road & Track package and 20-inch chrome wheels -- so I THOUGHT! Now that it`s at home and the sun is shining, I went to clean the wheels, and they are plastic! I looked online, and it seems that all of the manufaturers are using what they euphemistically call "aluminum chrome clad wheels," which turn out to be aluminum-and-plastic-chrome-clad wheels! Sheesh! Am I angry! Yet, when I went online to see if anyone else had this issue, I couldn`t find anything. The only posts I saw were from people who LIKED the cladded wheels. Please, post a lot of comments, so I can see if I`m just being picky.....

What does this have to do with this thread? :clap: