PDA

View Full Version : Zaino Over AIO???!?!

nonwelder
10-08-2002, 09:52 PM
Hey all-

I am going home this weekend, and the car needs to be cared for. I have a few areas with some light scratching, and was wondering if I could use AIO, then my BF/Zaino mix? Or, would my topcoat be more compatible with 3M SMR? Any help would be appreciated.

Brett

Kleanride
10-08-2002, 10:25 PM
and was wondering if I could use AIO, then my BF/Zaino mix?

If you do that, we want pics!

My guess is that SMR would be the route to take....

:bounce

nonwelder
10-09-2002, 03:43 PM
TTT

shaf
10-09-2002, 05:37 PM
I`m not exactly sure what you`re asking, but:

-to remove scratches use something stronger than AIO, like Scratch-X (if only a few), SMR (if they`re really light or are swirls), or something else. AIO is too mild.

-you can follow up the abrasive with AIO to pre-clean it prior to BF or Z, which should both work over top of AIO. You don`t want to put BF or Z right over SMR or something else without cleaning first.

imported_memnuts
10-10-2002, 08:01 AM
Originally posted by OneQuickGT1

Hey all-

I am going home this weekend, and the car needs to be cared for. I have a few areas with some light scratching, and was wondering if I could use AIO, then my BF/Zaino mix? Or, would my topcoat be more compatible with 3M SMR? Any help would be appreciated.

Brett

You have mail Brett. SMR is the route to take IMO. Let us know about your results if you also AIO after SMR`ing and before applying the BF/Zaino combo.

I see a potential problem if you are SMR`ing the whole car or AIO`ing the finish. The BF/Zaino combo we have used in the pass ( at least in my case) had a pre-established Zaino coats. If you strip the finish with SMR and/or AIO you will need to Z1/Z2 or Z5 cure 24 hrs and than BF/Zaino. Another alternative is to add ZFX to the combo. In either case you are venturing into uncharted territory.

Pictures are somewhat useless in terms of differentiating between, Zaino, BF/Zaino, Klasse, etc but as my sig denotes Brett and I have been using this combo for several months with excellent results ( Samiam also tried this combo).

Dale still waiting to do a secret wash here in Va ( H2O restrictions) to do some more testing.;) :wavey