PDA

View Full Version : Question about SSR2.5

SOG35
07-22-2004, 02:56 PM
I just got some SSR2.5. I tried a little on one of my bumpers. But i noticed that i could feel some of the abrasives when i put it on my finger, like very little grains of sand. Is that normal? I know SSR2 i can`t feel the abrasives and also DACP.

For those who have used both DACP & SSR2.5, what is the difference? which one is easier to use with a PC?

awd330
07-22-2004, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by SOG35
I just got some SSR2.5. I tried a little on one of my bumpers. But i noticed that i could feel some of the abrasives when i put it on my finger, like very little grains of sand. Is that normal? I know SSR2 i can`t feel the abrasives and also DACP.

For those who have used both DACP & SSR2.5, what is the difference? which one is easier to use with a PC?
Yes, it is normal to be able to feel some "grit" with SSR2.5. If you rub it between your fingers, you will notice that it quickly breaks down into a smooth lotion. This is the concept of diminishing abrasives. SSR2 is not as strong as SSR2.5, so the abrasive particles are not as obvious.

I have used DACP and SSR2.5 and most definitely prefer the 2.5. It`s far easier to break down, wipes off easily, and does not create any additional micromarring.

SOG35
07-22-2004, 03:45 PM
thanks for the help!

Nickc0844
07-22-2004, 04:01 PM
Along the lines of what Marj has said already, DACP and SSR2 use more chemicals to remove the swirls and such, whereas SSR2.5 will use a physical diminishing abrasive. I have found that it takes a shorter amount of time with the PC to work in with SSR2.5 than SSR2 and way less than DACP.

Boss_429
07-22-2004, 05:10 PM
Nick,

I don`t have any SSR2, so I`m not sure of it`s make up. However, DACP, also uses abrasives (diminishing abrasives).

Nickc0844
07-22-2004, 10:08 PM
Dave, your right. I probably should have said "main component" against fighting swirls. Meg`s I believed coined the diminishing abrasive, but if you feel the the textures of DACP and SSR2.5, there is definitely a difference. It`s been my experience that it takes a longer time to work in a chemical as opposed to a physical abrasive.....look at Pro Polish too. I don`t think a pure chemical polish could remove moderate swirls.

Boss_429
07-23-2004, 05:24 AM
Yea Nick, a chemical cleaner will only take care of very minor spider webs. It`s more the action (abrasiveness) of the applicator/pad that does the swirl remover when using chemical cleaners.

Anyhow, I`m looking forward to trying the SSR2.5, as it sounds like a fine product. To be honest, I am a little concerned about "how fast" everybody claims it breaks down. I don`t like a product that breaks down to fast, as it`s the "diminishing" process that......... polishes...... polishes finer........ polishes even finer. The abrasives have to stay at a certain level for a period of time in order to do accomplish that step down polishing process.

Nevertheless, I will be giving the SSR2.5 a try, and see what I think! :D