PDA

View Full Version : Undercarriage treatment: Por-15?

jerry0312
10-08-2002, 10:59 AM
Hi,

Has anybody had any experience or knowledge about how well this product [ Por-15 (http://por-15.com) ] performs?

I`m thinking of using it (4-step rustproofing), and have only heard good things so far. There`s gotta be some "other" experiences with it too...

Thanks in advance!

-Jack

Taxlady
10-08-2002, 04:26 PM
I would love to hear more about this product.

Redcar GUY
10-08-2002, 04:30 PM
I have seen this product used on a ton on Car undercarriages, It turned out great! I plan to use it on the SS in the future. I will see if I cant find a few pics on the net that I have seen on Camaros

C. Charles Hahn
10-08-2002, 04:30 PM
I`ve known some people who swear by the stuff... I`ll see what info I can dig up from them....

imported_crazeebush
10-08-2002, 04:44 PM
I`m one of those people who swear by this stuff. Very good product for sealing up metal to prevent rust. You can even paint over rust, and this stuff seals it in. It`s tough as nails, what more could you ask for? I tested the stuff by painting a piece of metal with it. After it cured, I gave that piece of metal hell. The only way to get it off is with an angle grinder. But, like any autopian knows, surface prep is the key. The surface has to be completely dry, and grease free. They sell some prep products that work really well with the system. Marine Clean is used to remove any greasy reside. Metal Ready leaves a zinc coating and acts as a primer for the por15. I`ve used in on the whole under carriage of my `83 Blazer. Great Stuff....:bow

BuSH