PDA

View Full Version : My Waxing...

Lookin4aLinc
10-08-2002, 01:07 AM
This is what I do, I dust off the car, that car is clean and just collects dust, so I just dust it off with a duster... Then I apply Mothers Pure Canuabu Wax its a bottle with a gold shiney cover, then I use Meguiars detail spray, then I apply a small spray of Tutrle Wax Canuabu spray hard shell kinda stuff in a dark green bottle that goes for about 5 bucks. I get a good shine, or am I really not getting the best out of what Im doing... And also can I add a coat of Meguiars Gold Class over the coat of Mothers... They are both Canuabu waxes so I cant see what would be the difference?!?!?

Andre'
10-08-2002, 03:08 AM
Hello and welcome to the forum.

With new members i always like to encourage them to use the forum search function, it can be a valuable tool.:up

The first thing you need and will learn is that the proper preparation of a vehicles finish is the key to obtaining a perfect finish. This includes contamination removal with paint cleaning clay. the removal of light scratches and swirlmarks, with compounds and polishes by hand or machine. The difference between organic and synthetic protectants and many other aspect of detailing.

Gold class is a synthetic product Mothers is i carnauba. Gold class has cleaners in it so it would remove much of the wax under it. You could use GC first than lay a coat of Mothers wax on top.

imported_Tony
10-08-2002, 05:30 AM
At the very least QD before wax, so that you don`t rub contamination in when you wax. The key to a great shine is paint prep and as suggested claying is highly recommended.

Try this:

Wash with dawn

Clay

cleaner/polish Like Mother step 1

glaze: Mother glaze or Meguiars #7 or IHG

Wax :S1oo or Meguiars #26 or Mothers carnauba

Be sure to buy the e-book and move up to a polymer before winter.

Lookin4aLinc
10-08-2002, 04:19 PM
Ive looked at some S100 shines! Looks like it works good! Where can I buy it? Cant find anything at Autozone?

Redcar GUY
10-08-2002, 04:24 PM
Originally posted by Lookin4aLinc

Ive looked at some S100 shines! Looks like it works good! Where can I buy it? Cant find anything at Autozone?

Check out you local Harley shop, Look in the parts sec:xyxthumbs