PDA

View Full Version : cleaning plastic...

MrCleanJeans
10-07-2002, 10:57 PM
Anyone know a good product to clean plastic, both clear and colored, that won`t leave a film over it? I have tried waxing the plastic, but it doesn`t clean really, it just polishes up my filth... It`s all plastic that is on the exterior of the car, and the car is driven a lot... if that matters. Also, I have a white car, and since the previous owner didn`t take care of the paint, it doesn`t look like anything special. I want this thing to have a blinding shine on it, but starting from scratch and repainting isn`t an option, so what`s the best way to get it to shine again? Any info would be great. Thanks!

Andre'
10-07-2002, 11:09 PM
Firts off try doing a search. I use soap, water and a MicriFiber towel to clean or polish plastic. Plexus plastic polish is a good product that polishes and protects all plastic products. You can also use a product likr P21S all finish restorer, 3M makes a good product.

johnson
10-07-2002, 11:26 PM
Hi, and welcome to Autopia. We hope you enjoy your stay. I see that this is your first post. Just to let you know, we have a SEARCH button on the top right corner of the page. This feature is very usefull.

http://www.autopia.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=14784&highlight=plastic

vroddad
10-08-2002, 02:53 AM
What would one suggest for a swirled plastic guage bezel?

RockyZJ
10-08-2002, 05:09 AM
Plexus. The product is great.