PDA

View Full Version : glass cleaner

CarlW
10-07-2002, 09:34 PM
What is the best glass cleaner?

Kleanride
10-07-2002, 09:54 PM
Well sir, I have found a lot of cleaners that I like, but the easiest is a little QD and a micro fiber towel...or just a wet MF towel. Other wise, the aeresol foaming cleaners are really good. I have one from Showtime (or something like that...maybe ShowCar??) Its a red and white bottle. Otherwise, you might want to do a search on glass polish. Its more work, but the results are sumtin` sweet! You apply like a regular polish to a painted surface, Let it haze and wipe it off with a clean paper towel.

Eagle one 20/20 is a great spray-on/wipe off product too...

:xyxthumbs

oorc51
10-07-2002, 09:54 PM
It really depends. Some people like a single glass cleaner. Some people use two, one right after the other to get rid of the junk that the first one couldn`t get rid of...etc, etc... I use Stoner`s Invisible Glass with an MF towel and its does an acceptable job. I`ve also heard positive remarks about 20/20 too.

SergC
10-07-2002, 10:54 PM
I`m with Dale DeSteno! QD works great!:xyxthumbs

Taxlady
10-07-2002, 11:05 PM
I tried Eagle One 20/20 and it did a good job. But, now when it rains, the water doesn`t really get wiped off by my windshield wipers. They leave a bunch of water behind, not in streaks. Has anyone else had that happen with Eagle 20/20? I`m also wondering if maybe it`s the summer washer fluid or the wipers. But, ususally when it`s the wipers, they leave streaks.

ice_nyne
10-08-2002, 01:24 PM
I love Stoners Invisible Glass and an MF towel. Gets everything off the glass.

I smell alcohol when I spray it on my towel, so I don`t know how Stoners would do on tinted windows (I don`t have any).

ice_nyne

PGA2B
10-08-2002, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by ice_nyne

I love Stoners Invisible Glass and an MF towel. Gets everything off the glass.

ice_nyne

Me too, but I have yet to try it on my tinted windows, just got this stuff 2 weeks ago and was very impress. NO STREAKS!!!

CarlW
10-08-2002, 06:58 PM
Wow, thanks for all the tips. I went out and bought some Stoner,s IG, and used newspaper for wiping, this stuff really works..

I am in the Toronto Ontario area and have not seen MF towels.

If anybody has any idea were to purchase these, I would really like to try them.

Redcar GUY
10-08-2002, 07:11 PM
I use the stoners on my tinted windows with a MF, works great:bow :xyxthumbs

Do a search for micro fiber towels, there should be tons of threads about it :)

qsfanzone
10-08-2002, 07:25 PM
Originally posted by CarlW

Wow, thanks for all the tips. I went out and bought some Stoner,s IG, and used newspaper for wiping, this stuff really works..

I am in the Toronto Ontario area and have not seen MF towels.

If anybody has any idea were to purchase these, I would really like to try them. You can get great MF towels from:

http://www.pakshak.com/

nosml
10-08-2002, 08:05 PM
I use Stoners Invisible Glass too, works great especially with a MF towel.

aljo
10-08-2002, 08:15 PM
Taxlady...

I have experienced your problem as well.

I think there could be three problems.

1) The windshield could be dirty

2) You have multiple old layers of 20/20 on

3) Your wiper blades are bad.

Try washing your windows with dawn, and then changing your wipers and then spray them down with a coat of 20/20. I think your problem should be solved.