PDA

View Full Version : Eagle 1 vs Lexol

Honda Peddler
10-07-2002, 01:21 AM
I thought I`d try both of theese and see wich one I like. I have seen the Lexol all over, and was recommended by many here as well as by my local enthusiast shop. I have heard at least one person say that they thought that the Lexol was to greasy/shiny in their VW so I thought I`d try the brand OEMd for VW, Eagle 1. Finding the Eagle 1 kit was actually alot more difficult than getting Lexol. I managed to find some at Kragen auto parts.

I did a half and half on the rear seat with the Eagle 1 combo and the Lexol combo. I applied both in the same way. I put some cleaner on a damp cotton/foam applicator and worked it into the leather. I took a damp terry towel and wiped off the cleaner, then dried the leather with a fresh terry towel. At first the Eagle 1 seemed to clean better, but I think I just had more cleaner on the pad.

I did a similar method for applying the leather conditioners. Put some conditioiner on a dry cotton/foam applicator, spread evenly, wait 5-10 minutes, then buff off with a clean terry towel.

At first I really favored the Eagle 1, the Lexol seemed greasy and harder to work with by comparison. The Eagle 1 spray bottles were also much easier to work with and did not dribble and drip like the Lexol did. After application the Lexol did seem greasy, however after about a day or two the greasyness went away.

The end result is that the Lexol side seems softer, not greasy, and not dry. The Eagle 1 side seems kind of dry by comparison. The difference is not night and day, but I definately prefer Lexol over Eagle 1. I have since done my front seats with Lexol and am very pleased with the results. The cleaner also makes use as a great gentle vinyl cleaner as well. I only had a few spots or scuffs that the cleaner couldn`t handle.

I think I might try to get some leatherique based on the great things I have heard, and maybe use 303 inbetween, but for now Lexol works just great.

Bryn