PDA

View Full Version : Comments for Z-16 On Daily Driver?

jayder456
10-06-2002, 07:17 PM
I`m asking for current feedback from those who do or have used Z-16 Perfect Tire Gloss on a daily driver:

1. How Do/Did You Apply It?

2. How long does the 16 oz. bottle really last?

3. How long did it last on your tires (hold up to washing & rain)?

4. Appearance on tires - do multiple coats affect gloss level?

5. Have you used on plastic trim (especially black plastic) - if so, how easy to apply, appearance, and longevity?

Thanks for taking time to share your comments/observations.

Cheers,

-Doug-

jayder456
10-07-2002, 08:02 AM
Thanks Ejant....prior to posting I did try a search for Z-16 and Z16 and another for Zaino Z16, but could not find the helpful thread you posted.

-D-

Gatorfan
10-07-2002, 08:58 AM
1. I put a very thin line on a EO tire swipe and apply to the first tire. Then for each additional tire only about 4 drops are needed

2. I`ve been using my 16 oz bottle since June and I apply dressing very frequently

3. It holds up to washing fairly well, but driving through rain seems to zap it pretty quick

4. I tried multiple coats a few times but didn`t see that much difference. I prefer minimal shine anyway

5. No comment here... I use 303 for trim :xyxthumbs.

jerryb540
10-07-2002, 09:01 AM
I have been using the Z-16 for about 2 years now. Great product ! ANd YES, it works very well on black trim, brings back the luster with satin finish.

MikeLS
10-07-2002, 09:48 AM
Is one of my favorite dressings now. I particularly like the no sling nature.

1. I use a foam app, like Meguiar`s or similar

2. I`ve had my bottle of Z16 for at least 1 year, maybe longer, and it`s still more than half full. I apply the Z16 about once a month.

3. After doing about 2 apps per tire, it lasts about 1 month give or take. After really heavy rain, it does disappear though.

4. Yes, you can apply more coats for more gloss. I like 2 myself, but I suppose you could do more. I also like the low/satin gloss shine.

5. I have no plastic trim, thank god....;)

Mike

:)

old_gonzo
10-08-2002, 04:25 PM
Z-16 is a nice choice on a daily driver. A plus with the Z-16 is that it has minimal sling onto bodypanels. Unlike the others, I have applied it using a 100% cotton cloth. The bottle of Z-16 really does last quite a while, as a little goes a long way. As the others have stated, it does not fair well in the rain, but for dry weather driving I have applied it once per week.

As far as multiplecoats effecting gloss level, I had noticed that it`s sort of like the law of diminishing returns. One coat looks good, 2 enhances the shine, 3 coats might make a difference, and 4 coats....well, I think you know what I mean.

I have used the Z-16 on exterior trim, and actually prefer it over the 303 for this application. I find the Z-16 to surpass the 303 in durability for exterior use. 303 does a nice job on the interior, but seems to lack durability on the exterior. It`s very easy to apply to the exterior, and it provides a nice low gloss finish. Give it a try, I doubt you`ll be disappointed. :xyxthumbs

cerdas
10-08-2002, 05:02 PM
Most of the pictures in my gallery show my tires, and I`m a Z-16 user. Check it out.

Love the stuff!

jayder456
10-10-2002, 12:34 PM
A friendly tip of the hat to those who took time to share their Z-16 experiences. ;)

I just rec`d my Z-16 along w/resupply of car wash and spray gloss. THis is my second order from Sal & again I am exceptionally impressed with the speed of receiving my order: I mailed my order from Kansas City on Sat. afternoon and rec`d the UPS ground-shipped box on Wed. evening. And, of course, everthing was maticulously packaged - including my free bonus cotton applicator. :up

I hope to have the weather and my time availability match-up in the coming week so that I can try the Z-16 on tires and exterior plastic trim.

Tally Ho!

-D-